Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to usnret997 Send a message via MSN to usnret997 Send a message via Yahoo to usnret997
Damon Day Break

Any other Damon owners want to talk shop?
usnret997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #2

sure
middleman210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #3

Anything in particular ?
Old 04-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

OK who's gonna start this? GOOD luck
Old 04-05-2015, 09:53 PM   #5

I will start...I have an 06 3272. My big repairs the last couple of years was my fridge (replaced the cooling coils), all three of my batteries (house and coach), my BIRD for the charging, and now am in the market for new tires.

I replaced both tv's with flat screens, and am also getting ready to spray the front 7nderside with lizard skin to keep my foot from cooking while driving.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Like mine . Had it two years and 18000 miles no major problems.
Mike52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:26 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to usnret997 Send a message via MSN to usnret997 Send a message via Yahoo to usnret997
Day Break

I have a 98. The previous owner, as the story goes, had replaced the tires, belts and the AC. I'm the 3rd owner. Little over 23,000 on the clock. Not sure if that is good or bad. I've had to replace the water control valve on the toilet.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:58 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
I have a 2005 3272 workhorse. Its my third MH in the last twelve years. Last summer replaced 6 michelins and two 12 volt house batteries with 2 6 volt trojans. It was time to do so. No mechanical problems so far, touch wood. I get reasonable gas mileage. Its a good working unit. Not the fanciest but it gets the job done. I did have one snag last summer, went out and forgot to shut off water pump. When we got back water was pouring out all over, it emptied the water tank. We scrambled to get rid of the water, had to go into town and buy a wet vac, left heaters on all night, thankfull no lasting damage done. When everything was dry, found out the problem was the kitchen taps. From the factory a wrong ferrule was place one side of the connection underneath It was just a matter of time weather we were there or not
jsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:59 AM   #9

2010 34ss pick her up last July and other than a shower leak everything has been fine. Just pulled her out of storage Saturday and got ready for the season
middleman210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:31 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Day Break

I have a 98. The previous owner, as the story goes, had replaced the tires, belts and the AC. I'm the 3rd owner. Little over 23,000 on the clock. Not sure if that is good or bad. I've had to replace the water control valve on the toilet.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
CB ant

Are any of you running with a CB. If so where did you put the ant.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnret997 View Post
Are any of you running with a CB. If so where did you put the ant.
I have a through-the-glass antenna on the drivers door window. I only get about a 2.5 : 1 match but it seems OK. I mostly listen, and there is so much crap on it now, it's mostly off.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:33 PM   #13

Damon Day Break

We have a 2001 Day Break 3275 F53. We've only had it a few weeks and I'm doing the check off list before taking it out this weekend to the lake.

I found out that the headlights were a total loss. Pulled one out and got the part number off it and located a new pair on Ebay(92-95 Ford Taurus) and installed them myself. Easy fix if you have long arms or a helper.(I have both) We noticed the little rollers on the windshield shades were toast so replaced all of them. Now the shades slide smooth.

The tires looked new. The were made in the 26th week of 2000. They went bye bye today. 6 new cooper tires with a G rating(14 ply). The trip home was a whole lot less scary than the drive to the tire shop. While they had it, they checked the spare which old brand new but holds air. Brakes were fine and they mentioned it look like a recent lube job was done.

A brand new battery fires up the V-10 and the house batteries seem to be holding a charge. The Onan fires right up and we did a test, firing up of one air conditioner and then starting the second and turned on all the lights and let it run for 30 minutes without any balking of the Onan.

All outside lights work as well as inside. Tomorrow or Wednesday I'll fire up the stove and oven to make sure there are no problems. Test drove the microwave and the freezer and fridge last week. Our unit has the gas fireplace but it's been so hot I haven't tried it or the heater. Maybe I'll go out after the sun goes down Wednesday and give both a try if it's not too hot still.

I haven't had it on the road but maybe 60 miles since we bought it but I enjoy driving it. It's going to be a real trial to keep it at 60 rather than the 75 I was use to drive pulling our 32 foot bumper pull. Like many have said on here that you just need to slow down and enjoy the sights.

One last thing. I read what seemed to be at least a 100 posts about towing a toad. I had a heck of a time deciding which way to go and it seems for us a tow dolly was the way. I did purchase one with electric brakes. I guess over the next few months we shall see if we made the right decision. We are towing a 2013 Equinox.
Cactusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Hi Guys,
On my 2011 Daybreak about a year ago I had bad power at my house and it took out 2 transfer switches 2 microwaves and LR tv in 2 days.I had a TRC portable 50 amp.Transfer switch but it didn't stop the damage.I had a Electrician come and check my 50 amp.service in my garage and he couldn't find anything wrong with my power and he said he couldn't tell anything about the TS.I haven't used the TS since then.I also had to replace a bracket for the Left front leveling jack that was bent when I parked on a bad site at a KOA in Flagstaff,AZ.Everything since then has been good.Sorry for the long rant.Be Safe and Good Luck.

Tags
damon