Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #1

Damon Daybreak 3276

New to the site and almost new to Rving! Looking at purchasing a 2007 Damon Daybreak 3276, 16k miles for 60k. What do you think? we are sold on the bunk set up as we have a 3 and 4 yr old. Likes, dislikes, good deal?? any advice would be appreciated. We are at home "thinking" about it and hope to make the decision in a day or two.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi dimcg,
The 2010 models are or are about to be ready for sale. That makes the Damon 3 years old. My comments assume the coach has a gas engine, is in perfect condition and maintenance records are available (confirmed with receipts). Gut feel says the coach is worth 40% of its' original MSRP. In this market, maybe even less. The original purchaser should have gotten 25% off MSRP.

I don't know if this helps you or not. If you really like the coach, have the owner show you a verified factory MSRP sticker. Have the owner explain why they feel the coach is worth $60K.

Go slow on this. There are a lot of bunk bed choices.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #3

The origional MSRP on my '07 was 103,000k and some change, so by that math the coach would be worth $41,200.... Doubtful at best. We paid $78,000 new in '07. $37,000 +- drop, I don't really think that's reasonable. The 78k was the best deal we got, (by 1k) based on shopping 4 dealers for this model. The fact that the economy is in the dumper doesn't change what people and dealers have into these units. Let's face it, if people put down 10% on a 15 or 20 year note they still owe 55k to 60k. Even if the origional owner lost on the trade, they didn't lose almost 40k, they would still be paying on the loan if they rolled it into a new one which would make it unaffordable or would have to come up with 40k cash.

Just by simply cruising website for Damon dealers you will get a feel for what theses units are going for, and it is very unusual to find too much varience in price. Granted, the dealers have some wiggle room but 19k on a 60k unit, no way.

As two different salesman at two different dealers told me at an RV show over the winter, the biggest challenge they have right now is people walk in expecting to pay pennies on the dollar for a unit. These were both long time and strong dealers. The bad economy doesn't change what it cost to build one and what the dealers have to pay for it. They are willoing to make less to move a unit, but it is cheaper to let them sit on the lot than to lose a few or several thousand $$$...

Just my 2 cents... @ 40% it's worth .08 cents....
Old 05-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
As mentioned, if you are looking for bunks, pretty much all manufacturers have at least one model with them so take your time to evaluate it. Most have pretty much the same layout as the 3276 but a few have some other floorplans as well (e.g. Newmar can have a loft, ForestRiver can have an actual 2nd bedroom, a few others have a 'walk-though' bathroom that let you 'close-off' the bunk area instead of having it as a hallway). The Damon Daybreak is an 'economy' model so you to be satisfied with that and not expect the same luxury and options as others might have but I think the quality is fine (note that I'm not a Damon owner so not speaking from first hand experience).

As far as that specific model though if you are interested in Damon, I'd look at the Challenger as well (I think it has a nicer floorplan).

As far as the price, I can't disagree completely with 4gone but reality is also that RV sales are dead and some people just have to sell so I wouldn't be surprised if you can get it for $50-55k (I don't know if $41k is reasonable, if nothing else, there do seem to be quite a few buyers like you looking for bunks). It's probably worth pricing but I would not be surprised if you can find this unit brand new for $72-75k or less so you also want to factor that in.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:24 AM   #5

According to the NADA the Low Retail for that model with a Ford base $58,060 and $61,050 for a Workhorse chasis.

I agree with michelb, $50,000 - $55,000 seem reasonable.

Good luck in your search.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:11 AM   #6

well we did pay 60k think we got a fair not great deal. An hour after signing we got an offer for a new 09 for 75k,(but across country and after many denied offers) would of considered but now that just gives us 15k for gas! 60k was our comfortable cash budget. We pick it up next Friday and will hope for the best!! Will post again when we can introduce her (or him as my 4 yr old has named it Andrew??). Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
You're now past the hardest decision you'll make. Happy miles are ahead for you.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote