Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Damon Motorhomes

I have a 1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. I'm looking at a Damon Challenger. Have no idea what the quality is compared to HR. Can anybody advise??

RTAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Can't compare but we are very happy with the quality of our 2011 Damon Astoria.

dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Hi, had a 2007 Damon Challenger with a ford chassis. Wasn't wild about the ford chassis and eventually traded to a workhorse chassis. Much better ride and handling. Overall the Challengern was well made. Only problem other than the chassis was poor workmanship installing the shower. There were no supports under the floor of the shower which the dealership did install. Also had some leaks around the shower which I fixed. If can get the workhorse chassis it should be a good buy.
Sundance001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
We HAD a Damon Astoria, loved it, however we were ready to downsize and cut down on the maintenance and just bought a Pleasureway Excel 2011
BrendaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
Originally Posted by RTAY View Post
I have a 1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. I'm looking at a Damon Challenger. Have no idea what the quality is compared to HR. Can anybody advise??
I had a 2009 Damon daybreak. About the same as the Challenger. We had one small issue when it was new. Never had another problem with it. Ford V-10 & everything were great. Sometimes I wish I had of kept it. Lol
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2011 Challenger (bought new), and really enjoy this coach. The workmanship is pretty good considering the price, and the Ford chassis works very well with this model (3710). We do have a couple of issues that will be addressed in November (a ruptured fresh water tank - my stupidity, and a slide issue that was present from day one, but doesn't seem to affect the slide operation. Overall, we really believe that Damon does a pretty good job, and when one considers the price of the coach, is in line with other manufacturers in price, problems, etc. Feel free to e-mail me if you have further questions.

bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What year is the Challenger vs your older Endeavor? And is the Endeavor gas or diesel (both varieties were available back then), cause the Challenger is a gas chassis. If you were comparing '97's, I would say the Endeavor is a substantially superior coach, but a newer Challenger might well be equal or superior overall. On the other hand, if you were to say you were thinking of upgrading to a newer coach and had a choice of an Endeavor or a Challenger for the newer one, then I would still give the Endeavor the nod. It costs a lot more than a Challenger, and it shows.

Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

damon, motorhome