Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #15

Hi Bob, yes, I found that video some time ago and have tried to wear it out.

I'd like to think everyone for the responses. We're hoping to be able to see one in person this weekend.

-Jim K.

Columbus, OH
Jim Kesterson/OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #16

Well, we managed to look at a three Outlaws today, all with different color schemes. And drove one on a WH chassis. I was quite surprised at how it rode compared to being use to air ride the Journey. No where near as harsh as I was expecting.

We like the garage as much as we thought we would. But we didn't realize how little head room there was in the bedroom area. And I have concerns over how cold that window could get on one's head over a chilly night.

We didn't like the shower door or the shower head. The shower door seems very short, I could easily look over it while standing in the shower.

There was considerably more storage than we expected. Except for in the bathroom, not many places to put bath towels and the like.

We also noticed that the mattress in the bedroom is more like a futton pad than a 5" memory foam mattress. We also noticed that regardless of the decor in the living room, the decor of the bedroom was the same and really didn't look right with one of the decors we saw.

I forgot to ask the dealer, but does the Outlaw come with a comforter/pillow package? None of the beds had a comforter or pillows on them.

We liked the fact there's not a leg on the table. And how the hide-a-bed makes into a bed. So we're still trying to decide if it's the right move for us.

-Jim K.

Columbus, OH
Old 04-15-2007, 07:50 PM   #17

We've had our Outlaw since December. I have been living in it the entire time while waiting for housing to become available and the rest of the family to join me in Arizona. We've put about 6k miles on it so in addition to all of the up close and personal time spent in the rig while living in it -- so far, so good. The only 'issues' have been a vehicle AC leak and a hydraulic jack leak. Both were fixed by the dealer. There have been other little things that I fixed myself but compared to our previous Raptor and Lance's it has been comparatively trouble free.

As for MC clearance -- I have a HD Electra Glide and a BMW R1200GS. Both go in and out without trouble and in fact are easier to load than our previous Wells Cargo and Raptor TH trailers. The ramp is long and the dove tail really helps.

As for the bed, everyone's tastes are different but we absolutely love the fact that the bed doesn't waste floor plan space in the RV. We added a memory foam topper on top of the bed and there is still plenty of space to do whatever we need to do up there. We put a vent pillow to plug the roof vent hole to block light and cold. We don't hang out in bed and my wife and I are young (~50) and in good shape so the stairs aren't a problem for us.

Overall I give the Outlaw a big thumbs up. Feel free to ask questions if you've got 'em. -Walt
Old 04-16-2007, 05:10 AM   #18

Hi Walt, thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that you haven't had many issues with the Outlaw. The newer Outlaws have a different mattress, than what I'm assuming you got in yours. Now they're coming with a black mattress, that looks nothing like what you see in the picture on the flyer. As for the window at the head of the bed, I take it that hasn't been an issue? What's the coldest night you've experienced in the Outlaw so far?

That's also good news about the ramp. The LT has a tendency to drag over most speed bumps. But I'm really more concerned about the ability to keep my feet on something stable while backing the bike out and being seated on it.

A couple of other things I noticed (or didn't notice). Where is the fuse/circuit breaker panel? One of the things we definitely be doing would be to add an inverter and hopefully a couple of more batteries. From your experience with it so far, what kind of effort would that require?

Also the outside light on the driver's side (back near the utilities) is on whenever the porch lights are, correct?

Thanks,

-Jim K.

Columbus, OH
Old 04-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Jim,
We spent a week in Colorado for Spring Break and temps at night were in the mid-20's at night. The upstairs bedroom is the warmest place in the coach and was very comfortable. We did not feel any drafts and we do not have vent insulation as LanceMan does.

An inverter is also on my list of to-dos, but I have not spent any time looking at the fuse box and wiring setup.

And, yes the back side light comes on with the door side lights. One day when I find the time I am going to try to find that wire and put in another switch.

Hope that helps!!

Eric
Old 04-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #20

Yes, it does. Thank you. One more question, any idea how good the converter/charger is? (ie, is it a multistage charger as well?)

Thanks again,

-Jim K.

Columbus, OH
Old 04-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Kesterson/OH:
As for the window at the head of the bed, I take it that hasn't been an issue? What's the coldest night you've experienced in the Outlaw so far?

[We're ~6,000' here in SE Arizona and the night time temps routinely got down in the 20's this winter. I never used anything other than a small cube heater to heat the coach...no issues with the windows in the loft.]

A couple of other things I noticed (or didn't notice). Where is the fuse/circuit breaker panel?

[The fuse panel is under the refrig next to the AC circuit panel.]

One of the things we definitely be doing would be to add an inverter and hopefully a couple of more batteries. From your experience with it so far, what kind of effort would that require?

[Sorry but I have no idea. I use a small inverter that plugs into the copilots 12v plug located under the dash. The better half uses it to power misc AC powered gizmo's.]

Also the outside light on the driver's side (back near the utilities) is on whenever the porch lights are, correct?

[Yes it is. Kinda strange. Our previous Raptor had 2 switches. I wish the Outlaw had the same. I also wish the Outlaw had an entry light that could be turned on from the outside. It is a little hard finding the keyhole when it is dark outside...unless of course I have my mini flashlight on hand.]

Thanks,

-Jim K. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My comments are between the [ ] above. Good luck. -Walt
Old 07-21-2007, 08:47 PM   #22

are you saying this thing has no 110 volt outlets? were are getting ready to purchase one.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:16 AM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xTex:
are you saying this thing has no 110 volt outlets? were are getting ready to purchase one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure I know what you are asking...there are 110 outlets all over the place, on the inside. Outside they are a bit scarce.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #24
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
xTex, welcome to iRV2.

Come back and visit us often and keep us posted on your RV search.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:55 AM   #25

xTex, like LanceMan stated, there are definitely 110 outlets both inside and outside the coach. However, there is no factory inverter option (at least there wasn't, dunno about now). So unless you're plugged into shore power, or have the generator running, or install your own whole RV inverter, none of the outlets in the RV will be live.

Columbus, OH
Old 08-03-2007, 05:43 AM   #26

We picked one up about a month ago. Hauling an R1200GS and an F650GS is no problem; neither is hauling our ATVs (Arctic Cat and Honda). The ramp angle is not too bad, and I am using LA Trailer Chocks for the bikes (only need to strap in the backs). I even "played" with the front jacks to lower the back and further decrease the ramp angle - works great.

The wife and I actually love the loft bedroom - doesn't waste space, and the stairs are no problem... We use a vent cover over the bedroom vent to keep light and heat/cold out. here's a pic of the inside (slide in) and the drive deck.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #27

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I traded in a 89 diesel pusher for a 08 Outlaw last Oct and love it. I will be adding an inverter with 2 or 3 solar panels on the roof and placing four deep cycle 6 volt batteries in the compartment forward of the door. They fit in that little cubby and the solar gauges will be on the ll wall next the the fire extinquisher as you enter. I already saw one set up like this. I am also considering placing another flat screen over the door in front of the small cupboard so TV is also more visiable to those seated on the couch, those with their back at the dining table, and those seated in the drivers seat.

Tags
heartland