Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #15

I'll try that today when I get home and update with results.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #16

Ok, so here's where I'm at with it...
I jumped the blower motor at the 7a inline fuse and the blower came on.
I have power at the high speed relay but not the low speed relay.
I jumped power to the low speed relay and again, the blower worked and even cycled through the fan speeds from the dash control.
With the low speed power still jumped, I started the coach and the ac blows cold within seconds.
When I turned the coach off, I did blow the 7a fuse since I still had a jumper wire going to the relay.

A side note. I have switched the relays around to insure they are both working. The main relay cycles when operating the dash controls. I checked the fuse in the cab as well in the engine bay. I switched the relay in the engine bay as well.

The trouble seems to be that I'm losing power to the low speed relay. Just can't seem to figure out where

Old 10-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Could be a bad resistor assembly. The low speed resistor may have burned out. They are normally installed in the plenum and are cooled by the blower.
Evans Tempcon, Inc

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #18

Well I've gone and done it now.....
While messing around with the relays and jumping this to that to try to "self diagnose" this issue, I managed to blow something.
I HAD power to the main relay until I screwed it up. I've replaced all the relays and the only blown fuse that was under the dash but the problem still exists.
The resistor you listed looks similar to what Denso has described to be the thermostat assy. that it mounted right in front of the unit. Could this be the same part? If so I can access it, if not it appears that the whole unit has to be removed in order to open it up and get inside it.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not the same. I re-read your post #16 sounds as if Denso uses relays to control the blower speed. Typically, on older AC units the fan is a single speed motor and the resistors are used to control the blower speeds. High speed would be direct 12V to the motor, the other speeds are controlled by the size of the resistor. The resistors get hot and they are installed in the plenum for the air flow to cool them. However, since you have relays for the different speeds it doesn't seem that Denso uses resistors. If you have a schematic you could trace where the low speed relay gets it's power from.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:18 AM   #20

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FPA View Post
Bob, I was able to remove the a/c heater control switch from the dash. I ended up figuring how the tilt-up instrument panel worked (great idea Fleetwood). I found a Denso troubleshooting guide on the net so was able check for continuity between the terminals on the switch, switch appears to have checked out okay. I ran out of daylight so hopefully today I can check for power to the switch and then as you suggested check for power to the resistors and the blower motor. Working on removing passenger side kick panel to access that. I found one fuse that Fleetwood suggested to look for and it was good also. Thanks for the tips!
anyone know if 2004 american tradition dash tilts and how
Old 02-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #21

I had a problem with the blower in my 97 Endeavor le found a bad connection on a polarized plug behind the dash tv. Replaced the plug and has worked ever since

Tags
dash, fan, heater