Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #1

Angry Dash Board Cover

I just want to warn any of you that have visited Dash Boards by Josie thinking you might want to order one of her covers. I did, and was not pleased. They required the make, model, length and vin # of my RV, which I provided. The cost for this cover was very pricey but I thought if the pictures on their website are an indication of the quality, then maybe it would be worth it. This was billed as a custom cover, so it took about 6 weeks to receive it. When it arrived and I opened the box, my first thought was "What is this thing made out of"? Very flimsy, light weight, much like a table place mat. Nothing to hold it down on the dash and about 6 inches short. This is what you get for $400??What a disappointment.
I called and left a message, twice. A very nice lady finally returned my call and apologized for their mistake. She offered me two options, remake the cover or a refund. I chose the refund and was told they would process the refund after they received the cover. I sent the cover via FedEx and they received in at their office in Brighton, MI on 9/20. I received my refund on 10/21, over a month. Not a happy ending!
GregBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you, you just saved us $400, we were considering ordering from them, two turn-offs for us, flimsy and too short. Sounds like they would remedy it, but you had a long wait and hate the hassle of doing things twice.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #3

I ordered one of their covers in August based on a recommendation from friends who are pleased with theirs. Both units are Class A DP so not the class C standard dash. Took about two weeks to arrive, fits quite well and is held in place with Velcro. Since the supplied Velcro is the stick on type, it doesn't stick very well to the back of the cover. Starting with a little contact cement, then the Velcro solved this issue. As to the weight of the material, it's certainly not a piece of carpet but is relatively heavy. Probably a 1/4 inch thick counting the nap. Ours stayed in place for a couple thousand miles before I got around to fastining it in place with the Velcro.
Dennis
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
I have Josie covers on two different class A coaches and have been pleased with both installations. They are not made with shag carpet, however I don't care how thick they are as long as they protect my dash from UV! Both fit well and were supplied with Velcro attaching strips.
Did they have the pattern for your coach in stock or were your required to make a pattern of your dash and send it to them?
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
I also ordered a Dash Boards by Josie for our Class A. Like Dennis4809 indicated, the cover arrived in about two weeks. The cover provided is made and fits well. I decided not to use the Velcro strips, instead let the cover ‘float’. We are very happy with our purchase.
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We also ordered and installed a cover by Josie 2 years ago. At first did not like the wrinkles and fit. After a short while and heat from the sun, it started fitting and now fits like a glove. Dogs love it also.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dash cover

Go to a quality auto trim shop and have them custom make it. I have done it for two coaches. you can look at dozens of colors and types of material. Thy will custom make it aand fit it the way you want it. Each time it was less than $250 and a beautiful job.
96 Monaco Windsor
Ron D

each timeit was less than $
rdelcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #8

Check out "Wade RV" located at Lazy Days in Florida. They have made me two dash covers that are quality and fit like a glove. They also made front Bra and entrance and step mats all professionally done. Bra $599 dash cover $250, Entrance Mat $300 including install
Old 10-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
I also ordered and installed covers for two different class A motorhomes. I was happy with both. The last one is in a Tiffin 35 QBA and fits good and stays in place. It was exactly what I was looking for.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash