Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Dash Buzzer 1996 Monaco Dynasty

I have a 1996 Monaco Dynasty with a Trekmate Security System. When parked for three days, a buzzer under the dash sounds. I am not sure what causes the alarm to go off but turning the ignition key on and off will cause the busser to go off. Does anyone else have similar problems or if you have had - how did you solve it? I am not sure the Trekmate and the buzzer problem are necessarily related.

kneaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
I have the same coach with the same problem. I ended up un-plugging the alarm.

pat s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
Dash Buzzer: Have Some Help - Need More From You

I have a 1996 Newmar London Aire with the same issue. It is in a storage lot and someone has stolen my owners manual. I need a copy and gladly would reimburse you for copying costs and postage. My Trekmate Model numbers are: System Model 737PG; Control Module RV 737. Is this the same as yours? Do you have the owners' manual?

The system is designed to semi-activate after 72 hours of non-use. Pressing the key fob button "1" once will make the alarm chirp once and arm the system. Pressing the same button a second time (one push only) will return it to the standby mode which activates the under dash alarm to again sound after 72 hours. It seems we all three have the same operation.

When the under-dash alarm is sounding, follow the sound to find the sound source. It probably is a dark box about 3/4 inch thick by 5 inches long by 2 1/2 inches wide. It will say Trelmate on it. It should have a paper sticker with code data - Series # or Sequence #. Mine does. Mine is screwed to the firewall.

Since I am the third owner of the coach, I never had the code that the Owner Manual refers to. Now I believe these numbers on the paper sticker are what I need to make the system go to "OFF". If you find these codes and follow the Turn Off instruction in the manual, please let me know whether that works. If you'll send me a copy of the manual, I'll try it first and let you know what happens.

Pat, My system is wired so it has "carjack" protection.This means that in the event of a carjacking, I can flip the hidden switch. This lets the thief drive 2 miles and then kill the engine. It cannot be restarted without the code. I was always afraid to "pull the plug" for fear it would keep me from starting the rig. What happened when you pulled the plug? Did the light that blinks the intrusion code go out?

Some years ago, I accidentally unpluged one of the wires on the control box, and the starter wouldn't. It took two days of searching before we found the problem was in the security system, not in the engine. At that time I had no clue what the code was so I spent the next 9 years of full-timing having to reset the system every 3 days. Now I think I have the code and need those instructions.
Don Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
Dash Buzzer

I have a copy of Trekmate, Inc. manual covering models 717, 737, 737PG. If you get your address to me, I will gladly copy mine and mail to you. Since we have had the motor home, we have repeatedly turned the ignition on an off to rid the buzzer sound at three day intervals. I also have a number for Trekmate, Inc Service Department: 760-941-3444. That number was given to me by Monaco when I had it in for service at the Indiana Service Center but have never tried that number. You can e-mail me at bruce.heffner@gmail.com if you like.

kneaka is offline   Reply With Quote