Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #1

Dash Fans in Cockpit Not Working on 2007 35A Pace Arrow

Both driver and passenger dash fans above the cockpit have stopped working. While driving recently, I turned on the driver fan to HIGH and then changed to LOW. When I did, the fan stopped working. I checked the passenger fan and it stopped working too. I assumed it was a fuse but have tested out all fuses that seem related to the fans (accessories/aux, etc.) that I've found on the coach and none are blown. I checked the chassis fuse box and the box under the engine hood as well as fuses in the rear of the coach. Am I missing something? I found no fuse label anywhere that said it was for 'dash fan'. Any ideas or do I have to take to a repair shop and spend $$$? Any suggestions or recommendations on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated. Thanks so much.
jaynit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
On most Pace Arrow models, the fans are on a circuit breaker. It is in the elec box under the hood. You will find it at the bottom left of the box. It is a small button about the size and shape of a popsicle stick.(but only about an eight of an inch long)
Old 08-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #3

I looked for the button for the fan under the hood. Only box is the fuse box - there is no button/circuit for fan that I could locate. Any other ideas? This is a puzzle! Thanks!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Those fans on my 08 Bounder are fused in the battery control center in a fuse marked spare.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall
Those fans on my 08 Bounder are fused in the battery control center in a fuse marked spare.
Is the battery control center the black box under the hood?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynit

Is the battery control center the black box under the hood?
Mine is in the first compartment on the passenger side and looks like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4156178925.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	25124

Yours may be under the hood. A quick call to FW might get you some exact answers 800-322-8216. Good luck.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Mine is in the first compartment on the passenger side and looks like this

Attachment 25124

Yours may be under the hood. A quick call to FW might get you some exact answers 800-322-8216. Good luck.
I found the dash fan fuse (F12/15AMP) and it's still good. Guess it's not a fuse after all. The fans worked fine until I attempted to switch one from high to low and then both stopped working. Any other ideas? It's not a big deal and I don't feel the need to take the MH for repair of this one thing.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
check the switch contacts, if good it may be a bad resistor in the fan motor housing. semms these things are made in china and vert poor quality.
06workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had a Fleetwood Discovery and both fans quit working. When I started tracing the problem, I found that one of the fans was completely frozen. It turned out that there was a leak above the windshield and water had leaked in and into the fan and rusted it solid. I just replaced both of the fans with chrome ones from Camping World that cost about $29.95 each. (after I repaired the leak) I would suggest that you remove the fans and check to see if there's power at the fans. If there is, and the fans still don't work, just replace them. It's cheaper than calling a repairman.

Tags
dash