Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Dash panel switch ?

This is " First time RV'ing" again. Unit still in repair shop from blown tire. Did not get to go to Texas for my son's retirement, but plan on going when unit is repaired. I have a question ? I have a 1999 HR Admiral, 36 ft. There is a switch on the left side dash labeled " Accessories ". What does it operate ? Owners manual does not say anything about its function. Have not been able to figure out if it is even wired up. Repair shop is located 35 miles from my house so I have not had to much time to learn all about the coach.
Any help or info. would be greatly appreciated.
pinchgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2017, 09:52 PM   #2

Sometimes it's for something you may want to add extra lights or gadgets Ect..
Arricejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. Should it be already wired hot and load wire under the dash ? Will have to open the dash panel to wire it up if not already wired.
Thanks again. I'm still learning.
pinchgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:15 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It may operate a cigarette lighter adapter..I have one in the dash and one up high above the windshield hidden from view (for radar detector/window fans/etc...).
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #5

switch

I had a 93 HR 1000 that had an accessory switch on the dashboard that flipped the radio, cigarette lighter plug and probably a few other items I am not remembering between the house battery and the chassis battery. It was also labeled House and Chassis on the side so you could tell which battery was being used. Not sure if yours is similar.

Mike
mikelcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:49 AM   #6

On my 04 HR Admiral PCT it is for adding accessories such as fog lights and the like has blue and white wire output. I don't have anything on it yet but I'm looking for an excuse to wire something to it lol.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchgut View Post
Thanks for the info. Should it be already wired hot and load wire under the dash ? Will have to open the dash panel to wire it up if not already wired.
Thanks again. I'm still learning.

Should hv to be wired you have to go into dash to see yes
Arricejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:10 PM   #8

Mine has leads already at the switch didn't have to take cash apart at all just got down under dash and leads were there they are about 10-12 inches long so it should be easy to wire into them..

Tags
dash, panel, switch