Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #1

Dash Radio

Is a AXERRA Radio any good, 10" inch screen?
Or would you wait and buy an APPLE car stereo?
And do you remove it when motorhome is not being used?
What about cold weather, will it hurt the LCD screen, when in storage?
GRUBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2019, 06:11 PM   #2

I have found that the audio equipment that comes from the factory is bottom-of-the -barrel quality and performance. You won't regret yanking it out and replacing with a brand name audio system. When you make the change, don't forget to do the speakers. They're typically the best you can buy for 99 cents.
Fairfieldwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:13 AM   #3

By the way, anything you install will easily survive any temperature extreme- hot or cold. They're the same audio system you'd install in a car in Alaska or Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfieldwiz View Post
I have found that the audio equipment that comes from the factory is bottom-of-the -barrel quality and performance. You won't regret yanking it out and replacing with a brand name audio system. When you make the change, don't forget to do the speakers. They're typically the best you can buy for 99 cents.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:55 PM   #4

I would go the Crutchfield.com and read the review on any audio equipment. They specialize in audio for vehicles and are a great resource when fit and finish does not workout like expected.

I have no vested interest in Crutchfield just bought a lot of home and vehicle audio equipment from them. Just good people with great service.
red300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUBBS View Post
Is a AXERRA Radio any good, 10" inch screen?
Or would you wait and buy an APPLE car stereo?
And do you remove it when motorhome is not being used?
What about cold weather, will it hurt the LCD screen, when in storage?
I had the Axerra 101, I accidentally cracked the screen, so I upgraded to the 211. The new one has GPS which I don't use. Instead I have the screen set to use the backup camera because I like to keep an eye on my TOAD. I use a separate Garmin for navigation. The additional feature I do really like is that I can connect my Android phone via Bluetooth so I can make calls and listen to my personal music. The 101 was supposed to be able connect to my Pixel 3 via Bluetooth but it never worked properly. I agree with another poster that it's not the highest quality, but I couldn't find a lot of full featured options in the 10 inch size that got any better reviews. It has served it's purpose for me, no real complaints other than the build quality.
It's never too late to do the right thing!
larliebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #6

In trying to plug the 10.2 LCD screen back on to the In dash radio, I thought I had the faceplate hooked, I did not and I dropped the face plate! It hit the plastic engine cover and broke the LCD and the glass touch screen. I took it to a cell phone/Ipad repair shop, the young man said it would not be any problem at all to fix, I would have to pay for the parts and their labor at $35 an hr. They will locate the parts and call me...
Old 10-22-2019, 07:50 AM   #7

Today I find out that the repair shop only deals with 5 different parts houses, and out of all 5, NONE carry parts for AZZERA ! So I call the dealer, and GET THIS They are out of stock on this particular screen, it will be 3 to 4 weeks and I will have to order a whole new screen at a cost of $540.00!
GOOD GRIEF , It reminds me of when I owned a 36' Cabin Cruiser (boat), a darn boat is like a big hole in the water that you throw money into! I guess that's also true with MotorHomes, huh...
(Every bit of this might could have been avoided if I had been more attentive and bought a screen saver for the radio!) Oh Well, it's just money YOLO (You Only Live Once)
Old 10-22-2019, 09:12 AM   #8

Axxera is a just an inexpensive Asian-made radio. There are hundreds of thousands of companies over there cranking stuff like that out. No parts, no service. The manufacturing cost of these things would take your breath away. For example, on Alibaba.com, (that's the marketplace that connects Asian mfrs with buyers worldwide), you can buy an Axxera car stereo (https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...1d256130V5U9nx) for $59.00.

Someone else on this thread recommended Crutchfield. Those people are the rock stars of car audio (and I do not have any connection with them). Great prices but super-deep expertise too. Call them and they'll have answers for you.

Tags
dash, radio