Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Daytime Driving Lights In-op

Our daytime driving lights on our 2001 Monaco Dynasty have stopped working. We replaced the fuse but that did not help. The headlights work properly on both low and high beams. Any suggestions as to where we should look next to correct this issue?

tikitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
You really don't need the DRL's. I don't think that people have a problem seeing a 9 foot wide 13 foot high box coming at them. Eddie Elk.

1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36' w/460, '98 Saturn SW2, FMCA #388823, Gateway Getaways RV Club
eddieelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #3

Was the fuse blown ?
DRL's usually operate on reduced voltage supplied to the high beams, so traffic can tell if you're coming towards or travelling the same direction as them . There is a module with a voltage reducer in the system that may be shot.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:42 PM   #4

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieelk View Post
You really don't need the DRL's. I don't think that people have a problem seeing a 9 foot wide 13 foot high box coming at them. Eddie Elk.
Required in some states and Canada.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ok so here in Canada DRLs are required by law. My 2003 DSDP has a DRL module that controls the daytime running lights (it did not have DRL when the dealer imported it into Canada). Mine gave out and even though I had part and model number, all the "authorized" resellers never heard of it. I emailed the company direct (its located here in Canada) but they never bothered replying.

When I took it in for servicing this spring I asked my local shop if they could find the part. They said it took a lot of convincing to get the authorized dealers to check and finally order the part (about $75). They didn't get blown off as they do a fair amount of business with different suppliers.

Pics below of the module.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drl2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	435.9 KB
ID:	140175  
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:14 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Was the fuse blown ?
DRL's usually operate on reduced voltage supplied to the high beams, so traffic can tell if you're coming towards or travelling the same direction as them . There is a module with a voltage reducer in the system that may be shot.
The fuse did not appear to be blown, but we changed it anyway. Not knowing where the module is, I will have to look at the wiring diagrams to see if I can locate it.

tikitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #7

Usually the DRL's go out when the parking brake is engaged. If that switch is not functioning the DRL's will stay out.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
On my Imperial which is similar to your coach the module is in the front electrical bay under the drivers window. It is a module on a pigtail.
Like said above the lights go out when the parking brake is applied.

Tags
light, lights