Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2014, 10:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOk80 View Post
A bcc is a battery control center that also is the AUX START and balances the charges between chassis and house batteries . Should be close to your batteries and have very large battery cables running to it and also fuses for things like slides, fog lights , propane sniffer , and even the solar charger.
And all this time I thought the aux start was just a simple cross connect switch. . Looks like I have some serious reading and cable tracing to do . Near my batteries there IS a rather complicated box with baby cables coming out if it. I had thought it was mostly a fuse box ... But maybe not ???

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #16

Quote:
A bcc is a battery control center that also is the AUX START and balances the charges between chassis and house batteries . Should be close to your batteries and have very large battery cables running to it and also fuses for things like slides, fog lights , propane sniffer , and even the solar charger.
Is THIS the controller that is affected by the toggle switches inside the coach that when you hit " off " causes the 12 volt supply to the coach to be disconnected ???? (This being a separate beast from the physical disconnect switches between the batteries and and the inverters)? Right???

Old 10-29-2014, 10:53 PM   #17

MN travler you are right on. My Fleetwood had a relay called a (BIG BOY) and it is what ties the two batteries together almost the size of a pop can! There is a smaller relay that is the battery disconnect . I have been trying to take pictures of mine but hit a brick wall as to move the pictures over to my macbook to upload.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #18

Our 2008 Georgetown was suppose to charge the coach but didn't I added a trik L start then realized our coach radio must pull a decent amount of ghost power draining those batteries. Finally added a made in USA intellitec zero draw switch and solved it.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #19

Quote:
MN travler you are right on. My Fleetwood had a relay called a (BIG BOY) and it is what ties the two batteries together almost the size of a pop can! There is a smaller relay that is the battery disconnect . I have been trying to take pictures of mine but hit a brick wall as to move the pictures over to my macbook to upload.
Good to know ... But one more thing to trace the wiring for and try to really understand. I wonder if it really practical to really understand the details if. All the systems in these class A's???
Old 10-31-2014, 11:40 AM   #20

On my previous coach, an Allegro, the chassis start battery would go dead with 10 days to 2 weeks of not using. Solved that by installing a battery disconnect switch to the negative battery terminal at a cost of $30. Simple mechanical solution and a side benefit was anti theft protection as well.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #21

on my coach I could not figure out why my chassis batts where dying after two days...well one day I leaned on the alternator and it was warm...well why?? ends up it had bad diode...got it rebuilt and that was the problem...not a likely culprit but one neverthe less....charges better than new as they put upgraded components in..jeff
Old 11-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #22

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416870214.499140.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	79863Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416870238.236405.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	79864Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416870261.997422.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	970.3 KB
ID:	79865
Old 11-26-2014, 01:25 AM   #23

Here is what mine looks like. I have 3 relays...a battery disconnect (top relay) a battery isolator (bottom relay) and a BIRD (Bidirectional Isolator Relay Delay) the circuit board. Had to replace the board and the isolator relay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416986706562.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	79986  

Tags
batteries