Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #1

DEAD batteries.

I am posting something for everyone. Yes I said DEAD batteries. We bought a 2002 Fleetwood Revolution and could not keep batteries charged while in storage. Well I replaced the PC board in the BCC (battery control center) and have solved all my electric problems. AKA solar charger, power steps, no power to slide, and also not being able to charger all batteries at the same time. Most RVs have a BCC and hope this helps someone out there with the same problem as I did. Most of the time to fix this problem most RVers use a battery tender or charger as I did and was tired of having to jump start my coach and replace chassis batteries every other year. Most 12 volt things on a RV run thru the BCC.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2014, 11:41 PM   #2

George, go back and edit the tags on your post, maybe add tags like BCC and battery control center, and can't charge batteries.It will get a lot more hits when someone searches for the info you posted, maybe also Fleetwood revolution, since our Winnie doesn't have a Battery Control Center.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #3

Greg, did you replace just the board?
Old 10-14-2014, 05:50 AM   #4

Yakimaman. I replace just the control board and it was not that hard. Here is the website and it is ordered thru Fleetwoodhttp://fwc.fleetwoodrv.com/plant91Files/Word%20Documents/Battery%20Controls.htm

Part # 390832 The PC board for 769 is what we have and Fleetwood upgraded to the PC board for 861 with a new wiring harness.

Just be sure to disconnect the batteries. OOPS I did not and got a bunch of sparks.

The Total cost for parts was 243.88
Old 10-14-2014, 05:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsekr View Post
George, go back and edit the tags on your post, maybe add tags like BCC and battery control center, and can't charge batteries.It will get a lot more hits when someone searches for the info you posted, maybe also Fleetwood revolution, since our Winnie doesn't have a Battery Control Center.
If any RV has chassis and coach batteries there has to be some control built in.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOk80 View Post
Yakimaman. I replace just the control board and it was not that hard. Here is the website and it is ordered thru Fleetwoodhttp://fwc.fleetwoodrv.com/plant91Files/Word%20Documents/Battery%20Controls.htm

Just be sure to disconnect the batteries. OOPS I did not and got a bunch of sparks.

For those of us that don't what a BCC looks like, could you post a photo of yours, as well as an overall photo of where it's located?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are now working on dead batteries. Trying to get them to work and figure out why they went dead.

We have been living in our RV for a month now hooked up to power at home to learn our systems before going out for an extended time book docking.

We needed to move the RV to dump the tanks and went to pull in the slides and nadda. DH is working on it all now.

Not sure what would cause the coach battery to die. Now it could be a drain somewhere or its a bad battery bit the battery is only 2 yrs old...

Any thoughts that could help???

TIA
Shaz
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandshaz View Post
We are now working on dead batteries. Trying to get them to work and figure out why they went dead.

We have been living in our RV for a month now hooked up to power at home to learn our systems before going out for an extended time book docking.

We needed to move the RV to dump the tanks and went to pull in the slides and nadda. DH is working on it all now.

Not sure what would cause the coach battery to die. Now it could be a drain somewhere or its a bad battery bit the battery is only 2 yrs old...

Any thoughts that could help???

TIA
Shaz

Many coaches don't make any provision to keep the chassis batteries charged while on shore power. This may be true with your coach. There are many small draws on the chassis batteries that will discharge them over time. There are several owner installed charging solutions to this problem that are pretty cheap.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Many coaches don't make any provision to keep the chassis batteries charged while on shore power. This may be true with your coach. There are many small draws on the chassis batteries that will discharge them over time. There are several owner installed charging solutions to this problem that are pretty cheap.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve,

Do you happen to know who makes these?? Brand names???

TIA
Shaz
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
Old 10-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #10

Yandina 100 combiner. Victron Energy CYRIX ct combiner
Old 10-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandshaz View Post
Steve,

Do you happen to know who makes these?? Brand names???

TIA
Shaz

This one is popular:

http://www.lslproducts.net/ALS_Overview_Page.html

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
For those of us that don't what a BCC looks like, could you post a photo of yours, as well as an overall photo of where it's located?
I hate to ask this ... But what does a BCC do??? (Yes I really do not know)
Old 10-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
This one is popular:

http://www.lslproducts.net/ALS_Overview_Page.html

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Thanks Steve
Old 10-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Traveler View Post
I hate to ask this ... But what does a BCC do??? (Yes I really do not know)
A bcc is a battery control center that also is the AUX START and balances the charges between chassis and house batteries . Should be close to your batteries and have very large battery cables running to it and also fuses for things like slides, fog lights , propane sniffer , and even the solar charger.

Tags
batteries