Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks again for the responses. I will definitely give them an out the door deal, or walk. I'm also interested in anyone who has had positive or negative issues with Poulsbo RV in Kent Wa. I probably won't be using them for any routine maintenance or equipment, after the sale, as they are not in local area, but I want to make sure that they don't have a reputation for selling shoddy used coaches. I may even consider having an independent RV inspector come in, after it is prepped, and pay for that service. This is a 2007 diesel pusher, with only 39K on the clock, and supposedly a Washington local trade in. I'm not expecting a new coach, but for 80K I don't want any major surprises...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Absolutely NOT! They were hoping you wouldn't notice that! They're just trying to get as much as you will let them get! Tell them that's a "deal-breaker" and they can either take it out or you're walking!
This!

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJOL View Post
I may even consider having an independent RV inspector come in, after it is prepped, and pay for that service.
ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's that?
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #18

I would definitely have it inspected by someone that you hire and is independent of the dealership. That will be money well spent. If they won't allow you to do that, simply walk away. There are many other great deals out there, and if they don't want you inspecting it then there may be an issue that is costly to repair.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #19

No matter how great the unit appears, there is ALWAYS another motorhome available elsewhere. ALWAYS. I would not pay the fee. If I ever run into a dealer trying to add it in I will walk and enjoy seeing their face drop... don't get sucked into other add things they will try to add on like paint sealers and fabric protectants that add no resale value (read zero) and may not do anything. Our first coach they added protectant for over $1,000 and then told me I would not be able to smell or see anything when I took delivery. I wonder if they did anything at all except add more $$$ to the contract...and finally, no matter how nice the salesman is, he is not your friend. Buyer beware.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dealer Charge Fee For PDI On Used Coach

They are just trying to add to their margin. You can refuse to pay it, or just calculate it into what you will pay in total, etc.

I would be sure and tell them it's unwarranted, excessive and impacts their credibility with you. When they offer a counter argument - simply don't respond or repeat your position.

In general, I hate dealers. Better to buy used from a private party. You get a better RV at a better price. IMHO.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #21

Back in the day,as an RV salesman,dealership would add pdi dollar amount if deal was not at a good percentage profit to store.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #22

This dealer doesn't sound very ethical. I would tell him to take his fee and put it where the sun don't shine.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have bought a goal of 4 motor homes from Poulsbo RV throughout the years. They always add that fee to the purchase... I have always been able to negotiate a free PDI from them.
On my current rig, 2008 HR Endeavor DP, the had to do a few thousand dollars in repairs including a new windshield and several other minor replacements and repairs... I though they went above and beyond to satisfy me prior to me taking delivery of the rig. They also did an engine and generator service.
You can always negotiate every part of the deal.... Poulsbo is just like any other large RV dealer... You have to be careful and thorough and make sure everything is correct and in writing before you sign on the dotted line.
If you are not happy with the final deal, walk away. There are other deals to be had.

Good luck on your purchase! Brian.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-16-2016, 03:54 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'll reiterate, The dealer's PDI is worthless. Pay for your own independent inspection of the chassis and the coach.
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
I appreciate the information. We never got down to final numbers, so I don't know if they would have pushed this, but I now know it is totally negotiable...
Old 07-16-2016, 04:17 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Even if they give you a FREE PDI, it would be money WELL spent to have an independent one done. Ours cost less than $500 and what the inspector found almost paid for the total cost. $2400 is absurd.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #27

PDIs are almost entirely labor. If you figure a shop labor rate of $120hr then they are charging 20hrs labor for a PDI. That's got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard, especially for a used vehicle.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
I also don't trust Poulsbo RV and agree you should get your own PDI from possibly a reliable RV Repair facility.
Infinity Coach in Auburn would be close and they are very reputable.

JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer