Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
Dealer issue/question

I have been doing my research on Class A/C hybrids and had some great feedback…just something i question based on others experience. I've read some posts where folks say dealers tend to not treat the new rigs with as much care as they should. Slides, furniture etc… I think my dealer here is pretty good and reputable (CW). However, this weekend when looking at a new unit they just got in…they had it sitting on a non level surface, no jacks used…and cranked out both slides. You could feel how bad the lean was…isn't this bad for the slide and mechanisms? Do I ask or bring that up? seems to me that this is NOT a good practice for the slides themselves. Especially since one of them was tell me how the ACE schwintec mechanisms fail a lot or something like that.

Do I order one to get around the "this has been on the lot and demo'd" or not worry about it so much?

jtseltmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's a great question. I recently bought a new car and was very impressed that they used a demo for the test drive and not a new stock car.
A purchase from the "lot " should save you money but the unit as you pointed out may have been abused. I would be sure all is well and go through it as much as I would a used unit. I wouldn't be happy but sometimes we don't have much of a choice if we don't want to wait or spend more.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
I guess it would depend on who the manufacturer was. My Beaver was built by Monaco and I have a warning plate in red just below my levelers that states, in big letters, to open the slides before leveling. Different builders constructed the MH's different ways and what ever the manual by the builder says is the way to do it.
2003 Beaver Monterey Cummins 350hp
2001 Honda Accord Toad
Wingman1 is offline   Reply With Quote