Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
About the only thing that gets a dealer's attention is a signed sales agreement. Anything short of that is wishful thinking. If you really want this coach, sign a sales contract for $28K and let the dealer decide what to do. The sales contract should state the dealer must make a decision in 24 hours. You'll need to put a good faith deposit down on the coach. Provide a CC for the deposit. The sales contract should state the deposit is not to be processed unless the offer is accepted. If the dealer processes the CC without accepting the order, you can cancel the amount with the CC company.

For me, I'd not do this until I saw and checked out the coach. However, I do not know the details of your situation.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #16

I think your offer was generous for that model with no slides. My experience is if the salesmans lips are moving, you probably are not getting the truth. If you are serious, and have the rig all checked over , a signed check for your final offer dropped on the desk of the sales manager, not a salesman, and then be prepared to walk out and NOT haggle if it is not accepted. You can expect to spend a couple of thousand dollars or more to get a MH of that age roadworthy and dependable. Somewhere between wholesale and low retail for a cash and carry offer to a dealer. It is still a buyers market.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #17

Excuse me for jumping in to the fray here but I have a question related to this negotiation.. That is about the Non Exisitant slide..... in the discussion eveyone has spoken of a price between low and retail book. but then in the same breath mention that a coach with out a slide is tough to sell on the market. I am not sure that NADA takes in to consideration the lack of a slide. I am faced with a sililar situation.... I like the coach "m looking at but it doesn't have a slide.. and that is where folks have jumped in and said.. go lower on the price...

Anyone else want to talk more about silde vs no slide values ?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #18

I have started to rethink my options and am looking at coaches with a slide as i think it may be better for extended trips of 3 months and should be a lot easier to resell in a few years
Old 10-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #19

I think your offer was more than reasonable. We recently purchased a 32ft Coachman Santara in excellent working condition. 32k miles-not a mark, stain, scratch inside or out for $20k. As mentioned, it's a buyers market. Keep looking, be patient and good luck.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:07 AM   #20

Bullsrv, what year was the Coachmen you purchased? What options did it have, did it have a slide? Sounds like you got a good deal.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #21

It's a '99 with no slide. A slide would have been nice but was not a must have for our weekend get aways. And they were averaging about $10k more. I did a lot of shopping around. The used car lots had junk. RV dealers had nice coaches, and in some cases offered warranties, but were double the individual's price. I decided to go the private sale route. Educated myself as much as possible lurking sites such as this one. Read what seemed like the entire site. There was even a used buyers guide/checklist somewhere (I don't think I could find it again). Made my list of what amenities were a must have. Then drove countless miles and looked at a lot of coaches. Covered 3 states. Ran into a few duds but also some real nice coaches that were reasonably priced. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you patiently beat the bushes. Your reward could easily be a savings of thousands of dollars. Just my two cents. As always, buy the one you are happy with. If you don't like it then well, you're not going to like it
Old 10-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #22

Sounds like we are both following the same route, what did you find best source of private sellers. jim
Old 10-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #23

craigslist believe it or not.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #24

That is a great story.. I have posted (in another section of this forum), that we had looked at a 2007 Coachmen Mirada 300Qb This unit does not have the slide., it is on a ford f53 chassis actual over all length is 31' 8" Where I ran in to big question was that the unit is on a 190" wheelbase frame (I was told a UPS truck frame). in reading the forum there was alot of discussion on this chassis, alot of folks said it was quite a rough ride and noisy.. The GVWR of the unit was 15,700 which ended up to be a 2006 model year.

The only option I saw on it was backup camera...

The strong point was it only have about 3500 miles on it (yes it was verified with service receipts) Last service about 2 years ago and it had about 2500 miles on it then.. The Generator had less than an hour on it. so, it was all pretty much new.

The seller was asking $38k but was willing to move a little lower.. it was a real contender but after reading about the ride and handeling comments I kind of backed away.. I really didn't care about a slide. like others this is a weekender.

If anyone else may be intersted I'd be glad to hook you up..
Dave
Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The 2007 Coachman Mirada ... RVs that have sat unused that much make me nervous. It has been under-maintained for sure. It should have oil change etc once a yr regardless of mileage, and generator should be exercised 1 hr each month. That generator may not even work properly at this point. I would doubt the rig ever had all the "new" bugs worked out... Could be a good rig, but likely need a lot of checking out and TLC attention to overcome probable neglect.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #26

Like others have said, don't play the salesmen's games. They no doubt are alot more experienced at it than you. Keep in mind they need to sell stuff, you don't need to buy. I suggest you look for a MH with a slide as it greatly increases the usable interior space. Good luck.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #27

Thanks guys.. . greeat feedback and for me,... .that's the end of the 2007 discussion for me... I'm moving on! Happy traveling folks..