Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #15

As always first on your list should be how the coach was maintained and record keeping documents. Next would be a through inspection by a qualified chassis and coach inspector.
Price is only a concern to you and if you think what you are getting is acceptable.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
I really like the Holiday.... only concerns that come to mind...
1.Tire age, look for the dot markings and check yourself.
2.Norcold refrig...not a residential. What is under fridge? If furnace makes installation of a residential tight.
3. Over 10 years old will financing be an issue?

Don't test drive it unless you are going to purchase as I think you will be hooked on the diesel pusher.l
Thank you so much for responding.... my husband and I hated the Southwind, we ended up trading it in and purchased a 2006 American Tradition 40Z, diesel 400HP, and wow...... you're right... it's so wonderful, what a difference!... we are hooked!! Thank you for the advice!...

Old 02-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I'm not so sure it's $40,000 overpriced .....there is room to negotiate down.....here are some comparables

Attachment 79089
Attachment 79090
Attachment 79091
Thank you for responding, that is why we didn't purchase the rig. We appreciate your time very much!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
As always first on your list should be how the coach was maintained and record keeping documents. Next would be a through inspection by a qualified chassis and coach inspector.
Price is only a concern to you and if you think what you are getting is acceptable.
Thank you for your advice, we did look at your recommendations with our purchase, we ended up buying a 2006 American Tradition 40Z, 400HP diesel. We did hire a third party to inspect, thank you for your recommendation... we would never think about doing that. We appreciate your time and advice very much.

Blessings,
Bella & Michael
Old 02-02-2015, 03:51 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
We own an '04 Monaco Beaver which is almost exactly the same setup minus the 1/2 bath. You'll need a residential frig ($2500-3000) or an Amish cooling unit ($1500-1700) installed to get rid of the current fire trap. The rear TV is the old "boat anchor", the exterior fiberglass under the dark paint is probably "crazed" with no cure except replacing the exterior walls (serious big bucks)
My foremost concern if the $89995 is correct, is that they are $40000 overpriced.
Thank you so much, your input helped us a lot. After reading this, we decided to buy something else. You sound so experience, and I am a sponge to knowledge, would you know anything about the rig we bought?... we purchased a 2006 American Tradition 40Z, 400HP, diesel.

We appreciate your time so much,
Respectfully,

Bella & Michael
Old 02-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
This coach is a close cousin to the coach you are considering:

40' 2002 Monaco Windsor 350hp Cummins w/2 Slides for $51,000It sold 03/2014 at PPL which is a big consignment dealer. This would mean that a price in the low 60's would be a reasonable market price.

Here is the brochure:

http://holidayrambler.com//library/2...3_imperial.pdf

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Thank you, that link helped our decision, we appreciate your time!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you so much... your advice made us look around indeed!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:08 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We love our 2002 Monaco Windsor! It has the Roadmaster chassis with all-steel welded "box" and 8 air bags with auto leveling (no hydraulic jacks). We have spent about $12,000 in changes and additions to make it more safe and comfortable.

Just be sure that any Monaco product you look at does not have the "trailing arm" issue that can cost BIG bucks! I'm not sure what chassis' were involved, but the 2002 Windsor was not one of them.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Thank you so much for your advice.. it did have the "trailing arm" issue. This advice too helped us make the decision not to buy. Thank you so much for your time! Blessings to you both!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:09 PM   #23
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"bellaflair"....You won't go wrong with a used Monaco. If you buy a Diplomat or sister to the Diplomat (Endeavor), you'll get a nice coach with a lot of features. Lastly, in mid 2005, Monaco added the Cummins 400 ISL to the Diplomat and Endeavor line. The ISL is arguably the best motor home engine on the market.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #24

We like pictures... Please post pictures of your new rig.. and congratulations on your purchase.. I'm sure it is a stunning RV..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:22 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"bellaflair"....You won't go wrong with a used Monaco. If you buy a Diplomat or sister to the Diplomat (Endeavor), you'll get a nice coach with a lot of features. Lastly, in mid 2005, Monaco added the Cummins 400 ISL to the Diplomat and Endeavor line. The ISL is arguably the best motor home engine on the market.
Thank you so much Don & Mary... my husband and I bought a 2006 American Tradition 40Z, 400HP 40'... I pray we made the right decision.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:23 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
We like pictures... Please post pictures of your new rig.. and congratulations on your purchase.. I'm sure it is a stunning RV..
I'm trying to figure out how to do that...
Old 02-04-2015, 12:31 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Oakcreekeric, thank you so much!... I think I figured out how to upload it... there's a video from the dealer and some photos... I pray we made the right decision after our terrible experience with the 2006 Fleetwood Southwind 37L.
Attached Files
Old 02-04-2015, 12:59 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
Here's a very nice one; 35,000 mi., $69,900. Includes warranty, new wood floors, nice family owned business:

2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 Pst 3 Slides, Houston TX - 113490067 - RVTrader.com

Used RV's Motorhomes, RV Service & Sales Houston, Texas
Wow, that was a great deal!

Tags
rvs