Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
OK RV Wizard you brought it up if you bought or buy used what is a good extended warrenty policy and what company is recommended?

Darrell
When I was researching Extended Warranty companies and policies, I did a thorough search and came away with one company, Warranty Experts at RV Warranty Quote Travel Trailer Automobile Truck Boat Extended WarrantiesTrue. I was specifically working with Jason Flowers and had a contract drawn up but I never did send it in with my payment. It was going to be around $5000 for my 2002 Monaco Windsor PBT and it would be for 5 years. I decided to take the risk and go without it, maybe a mistake, maybe not. I've had to replace two air conditioners, a refrigeration cooling unit, and some minor stuff, all done by me so at least I didn't have to pay the high labor rates, but for the most part after 3 or so years, I am still ahead in less something else major goes wrong.

However, the one BIG part of this warranty that really caught my attention was the fact that if you didn't have any claims during the years that you were insured, they would return your entire premium for the contract.

Here's the link to their extended warranty coverages, RV Extended Warranties by Warranty Experts : Warranty Coverages

As you will see, they cover many more items than most companies do, especially Good Sam's who don't even cover seals & gaskets.

I may decide to look at them again, but now the coach is 3 years older and the premium will probably be much higher. Oh well, that's part of buying insurance. The companies we purchase extended warranty insurance from are hoping that our coaches are never broken and we never have a claim and we are hoping that our coaches are always broken, needing repair and using the warranty. Something is wrong with that philosophy. The fact that this company returns your premium if not used for the entire contract period is really a BIG benefit in my book as it negates the above philosophy. Not sure if they still have the same conditions and services but they are definitely worth looking at and comparing to others.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!