Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #1

Def refills

I am using 2 tanks of 2.7 gallon capacity. When I refill at Pilot/Flying J, I do not have any problems with the flow at the pump. However, when I go to Loves(which I like best), the pumps do not operate properly. It takes forever to fill the tanks. How can I fill the tanks at a fast rate??? I am sure this issue has been discussed before bui I could not find the info.

Jimbo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #2

Loves uses a flow restrictor on their DEF nozzles. You need a magnetic collar placed around the fill neck of your container to override the restrictor. You can ask at the cashier where you pay for your fuel to borrow one before using the DEF pump.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #3

Here's a collar you can purchase if you choose.

Magnetic Collar Mis-Fill Prevention Outlet, B1U-OPW-MFPD, Blue 1 USA
Old 10-24-2014, 12:23 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Jimbo41 and all RV owners with Clean Diesels:

Many truck stops now use the Magnetic Interlock DEF Nozzles. This "feature" makes it less likely that users will put DEF in the diesel tanks which is a very expensive mistake. Expect most, if not all, bulk DEF pumps to have these nozzles before long.

These nozzles are designed to NOT flow (or flow very slowly) unless a magnetic field is applied in a very specific location on the Nozzle spout. How do I know this??? In response to requests from several IRV2 members that have purchased our DEFJUGs, we bought an OEM magnetic interlock nozzle and tested it. I took it apart and figured out how it worked. The nozzles are fairly complicated, and the magnetic interlock is added to the automatic shutoff feature that has been in use on nozzles for a long time.

We bought a bunch of different kinds of ring magnets until we found one that makes the nozzle flow at full rate. We designed, built, and tested a no-frills device that works great and stores easily in your vehicle. It passed our drop testing and other tests that we run on all our products.

We came up with a cool name for it - The DEF Magnevator.

I've made over 70 of them MYSELF. I test each one on our magnetic interlock nozzle to make sure it works. We've got over 500 of the ring magnets here in our shop and have no problem getting more of them.

We now sell this device that makes filling our 2.7 gallon DEFJUGs, other jugs, and your RV's DEF tank a breeze when faced with a magnetic interlock nozzle. They are a lot less expensive than the OPW-MFPD product (which also works great - we have one), and are guaranteed to work. You can purchase them at our website

DEF Magnevator - FiveStarDEF.com

or on eBay

Def Magnevator by Five Star Def Activates Magnetic Def Nozzles at Truck Stops | eBay

for $13.50 which includes shipping in the US. We've sold over 25 of them with great results.

Look for all of our products on Amazon later this year!!!

As always, don't hesitate to ask us questions about DEF!!!

Thanks,

Erich

Five Star DEF is celebrating 1 year in business!!! Thanks to all of our friends on IRV2 for contributing to our success.