Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #1

Depressing but a must read for all RV'ers...

This is why we all do what is called RVing....

And So There Must Come an EndĀ*|Ā*Charlotte Kitley
road glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #2

Extremely touching and well written. I can only hope to have just a little of Charlottes strength and love if ever faced with a similar circumstance. Her story saddens me but at the same time allows me the luxury of telling myself.... "Suck it up... Do as the lady says... Live love laugh..love some more. Thank you for sharing and bringing her story to my attention.. I needed it and will look for the star tonight to say thanks again Charley xx

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 2015 Anthem or Cornerstone
Old 09-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #3

Sorry, I missed this being posted this am over under "Just Conversations" forum here on IRV2. Doesn't matter, yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery and that's why today is called today! Memories are all we have old, young, rich or poor.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:26 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A must read ?
I am sad for the family. Why am I sad because two weeks ago my mother in laws best friends husband died. the women met when they were in the hospital having children 56 years ago. The husband got to know each other in the waiting room. After he died the next week my sister in law had thyroid cancer she had the surgery and was doing fine. While we were in the waiting room waiting for her to wake up her friend that she was in high school and college with came by to see her. The lady looked well and said she was doing fine. this was a week ago Monday. Today my wife called and told me the friend had died last night. She had a massive bowel infection. I am sorry for the blogger and her words offer strength but I don't think of it as a must read. A lot of people have tragedy in their life.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #5

gemini 5362......sorry for your tragedies in your life.....
I probably should have chose my words a little more carefully, maybe "should read" or something of that nature. We all suffer and grieve when losing loved ones. No one escapes this world in that regard. I lost my favorite uncle to cancer when I was in high school. Watching my uncle waste away in front of me for 6 mos after my aunt (his wife) already succumbed to cancer as well. An indelible memory that I have forever. What I took from the article was not so much strength but a reminder for us all to cherish each minute we are here.
That being said is why I stated I believe this is the main reason we ALL rv.
Memories are all we have, rich or poor, young or old. I took my two youngest grandson's (11 and 14) twice this summer with my wife and I and our two boxers. Do you think I was worn out after 14 days each time? I was but I will never forget nor will they the great time we had..
Old 09-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by road glide View Post
Sorry, I missed this being posted this am over under "Just Conversations" forum here on IRV2. Doesn't matter, yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery and that's why today is called today! Memories are all we have old, young, rich or poor.

You almost got it right: it goes: " that's why today is called the present, because it's a gift".

Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
So sad! This is why it's so important to be sure we're ready to go any time!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:58 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by road glide View Post
gemini 5362......sorry for your tragedies in your life.....
I probably should have chose my words a little more carefully, maybe "should read" or something of that nature. We all suffer and grieve when losing loved ones. No one escapes this world in that regard. I lost my favorite uncle to cancer when I was in high school. Watching my uncle waste away in front of me for 6 mos after my aunt (his wife) already succumbed to cancer as well. An indelible memory that I have forever. What I took from the article was not so much strength but a reminder for us all to cherish each minute we are here.
That being said is why I stated I believe this is the main reason we ALL rv.
Memories are all we have, rich or poor, young or old. I took my two youngest grandson's (11 and 14) twice this summer with my wife and I and our two boxers. Do you think I was worn out after 14 days each time? I was but I will never forget nor will they the great time we had..
I should apologize just getting a bit grouchy as I get older. I am going to a memorial service for the lady thursday this will be my second memorial service in two weeks. These are not people i ever knew other than the one lady i met once But they are lifelong friends of my inlaws and wife it is distressing to see them upset.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
I should apologize just getting a bit grouchy as I get older. I am going to a memorial service for the lady thursday this will be my second memorial service in two weeks. These are not people i ever knew other than the one lady i met once But they are lifelong friends of my inlaws and wife it is distressing to see them upset.
Don't even think about apologizing as you have plenty on your plate right now.
Hopefully, the rough water will smooth out soon... God bless and hang in there. We might even meet someday at a RV stop and share a laugh..
Not a whole bunch of silver, grey and black Safari Saharas around pulling a silver Jeep Liberty limited with two white boxers...
Old 09-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #10

road,

I lost my dad after a courageous fight with cancer in Oct. of last year. I now understand when somebody says they are "battling" cancer. It is incredibly hard to watch somebody you love, admire and look up to get his butt kicked by cancer, and not be able to do anything about it. Charlotte's words strike a chord...and bring back some strong emotions.

Good read, but bring tissues.

slanted
slanted is offline   Reply With Quote