Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2015, 09:10 AM   #127

I don't know about Florida, but in New York any landscape workers using any chemicals such as lawn spraying have to wear long sleeves, pants, and protective boots. When I got my first full time job still in high school at a local steel plant they told me they weren't hiring. Every Friday after school I rode my bike to the office. The HR manager had a separate entrance. I would just stick my head in the door, tell him who I was and ask Mr. Wheeler if there were any openings. Did that for 6 months till Mr. Wheeler called my house, mom answered, and Mr. Wheeler was surprised I was still in school. Hired me for second shift and I thought I was rich back then making $4.055 per hour.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #128

Joe Btfsplk

Was character in the Lil Abner cartoons.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #129

Now this is some story. I've been watching it unfold feeling somewhat sorrry for Markus, but also wondering how anyone could be so gullible. Now, within 10 minutes of communicating with gemini, it has been stolen from under him and he is on his way to Ohio with his girlfriend with $100 to get some papers to file legal action back in Florida. So, I have to ask myself who are the gullible ones in this little drama?
Old 08-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #130

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
His Craigslist ad stated that he needed to get a title for it. That part of his ad is now amazingly gone. After looking at the roof on it, his idea of a professional job and mine are somewhat different.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:19 PM   #131

Maybe we will see him on Peoples Court
Old 08-07-2015, 02:21 PM   #132

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Maybe we will see him on Peoples Court
Wouldn't Judge Judy have fun with that case !!!

Old 08-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #133

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Devastated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusW View Post
I could never understand how anyone could work in the sun with long sleeves. I see lawn care workers covered head to toe in what looks like snow gear in the dead middle of the Florida summer. Made me cringe. But whatever helps you get the job get done.

The day that I left Somalia, it was 137 degrees at ground level. We were wearing 35-pound body armor over our long-sleeved uniforms. Each of us carried 80-100 pounds of gear and ammo onto the helicopter and got our butts out of there. We did what we had to do and got the job done.

In the village that we left, about 30 miles south of Mogadishu, all of the young women left at dawn to walk for 8 miles to get the daily water supply for their families. They carried that precious water on their heads all the way back, fully clothed from head to toe, exposing only their hands and feet. They got the job done. I'll bet that any one of them would have traded their water burden for a few hours of Florida lawn trimming. We left about 75 gallons of water with them on our way out. It was like Christmas

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
Old 08-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #134

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmachine View Post
The day that I left Somalia, it was 137 degrees at ground level. We were wearing 35-pound body armor over our long-sleeved uniforms. Each of us carried 80-100 pounds of gear and ammo onto the helicopter and get our butts out of there. We did what we had to do and got the job done.

In the village that we left, about 30 miles south of Mogadishu, all of the young women left at dawn to walk for 8 miles to get the daily water supply for their families. They carried that precious water on their heads all the way back, fully clothed from head to toe, exposing only their hands and feet. They got the job done. I'll bet that any one of them would have traded their water burden for a few hours of Florida lawn trimming. We left about 75 gallons of water with them on our way out. It was like Christmas

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
When I lived in Saudi Arabia the first time I went I had to leave my family at home in Florida. I came back to Floriday in July for a visit and everybody was talking about how hot it was. I told them it actually felt pretty good and was not that bad at all. They all thought I was crazy. They had not been working in 125 to 130 degree temps before you add heat index.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:59 PM   #135

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Let me catch you up on my experience with this thread. I had emails from Marcus today concerning the VIN number and sending me his original craigslist post so I could try to get the number from that. Those were between 9:00 am today and the last one at 11:03 am today. At no time in the emails did he mention that the unit had been repossessed and was not available to buy. I had read his thread and knew what he posted but he did not mention anything about it in his emails.

I hope that if this story is true he makes it to Ohio with his family and finds work. I also remember when i was younger and spent a lot of time on IRC ( internet chat network) There would be people that came on with horrible stories to get you to feel sorry for them. I actually got involved in one of these stories trying to help a lady and found out she had been lieing the whole time. I hope that is not the case here but I am not naive enough to not realize that Marcus story is probably not legitimate

For my part I knew someone that is going to be moving out of state next year and they did not have a lot of money to move with. They were worried about coming up with enough to rent an apartment and I thought this would be a good solution. I could buy the MH and then let my friend pay me back after they got moved and on their feet. In Arkansas it would have cost me 150.00 to get a bonded title for the amount Marcus was talking about. that fee has to be paid every year for three years. After the end of the three years if no one claimed the vehicle then the state issues a clear title. If someone shows up to claim it the bonding company either offers the amount of the bond to the owner to release a clear title or if the proper owner wants his vehicle back they would pay the bond to me. So I would only be out between 150.00 and 450.00 total if I bought the vehicle and lost it to a previous owner the amount depending on when the previous owner showed up. It would have been a good gamble if legitimate and and I could have helped my friend and Marcus both out. Unfortunately I am not sure if it was ever a legitimate situation.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #136
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's time to move on as this is getting personal and that's not permitted here.
Thanks Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread