Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Sweat View Post
Markus,

Lots of good suggestions here. I have been reading this forum for a few months and haven't felt the urge to respond up to now !! It seems that you are living in this RV with your girlfriend and baby. I don't know if you have a job or not. From what I have read you have had this RV for 3-4 months. I'm twice your age and have spent thousands of dollars on lawyer's over the years to be screwed when we got in front of a judge.

If the person you bought the RV from was able to get you a temp tag here in Florida he must be a licensed auto dealer in Florida. Not sure what recourse you have with that. Plenty of crooked dealers here !!

If I was you I would find a place to park the Rv and stay in it until someone shows up with a tow truck to take it from you. Save all the money you can so you can find place to rent. Nobody gets though life without having a place to live, unless you want to live on the street and be homeless !! If you 3-4months in it the money you have spent on the Rv it will would be less than rent. Living in a old Rv with a leaky roof is not a place to raise children !!! You never know what mold is behind the walls of that place.

Not easy thing to do but spending hours stressing over this is not the answer............... life sucks and most life lessons are learned the hard way !!! The ones that hurt you in the wallet you will remember the rest of your life !!!

Good Luck, Bill
Baby is at grandmas house so no worries there, the same with the girlfriend. Just until this is resolved. Her mother is legitimately crazy in the head so I can't be there with my family otherwise I would have been already. It also doesn't leak anymore. I just sat through an entire 2 weeks of daily storms, wind and rain. I might not get all of my money back but I'll make sure I get most of it back one way or another. As of now, I have to just wait this out for a little longer. I need to take care of myself as well as my family first and foremost. I'm not going to let this get the better of me. Either the previous owner comes up with some money or someone else will.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2015, 06:02 PM   #100

Markus, good luck with your plight, however I don't understand you reaching out to the forum to "vent" and not take in one single "Good" sound advice some have offered. Nor take up what seems to be a sincere offer to take the rig off your hands for what you say you are owed. You are going to do what you feel you should do no matter how much it will make YOU also part of the problem. I don't see the need to continue this thread.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincee View Post
Markus, good luck with your plight, however I don't understand you reaching out to the forum to "vent" and not take in one single "Good" sound advice some have offered. Nor take up what seems to be a sincere offer to take the rig off your hands for what you say you are owed. You are going to do what you feel you should do no matter how much it will make YOU also part of the problem. I don't see the need to continue this thread.
I've emailed the gentleman that made that offer. I'm waiting for his reply.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #102

First step is to discover exactly who is on the title.

If the title is clear to "X Banana Company" and that company is long gone then you could Google the company to see if you could find any old officers of that company or if company was bankrupt then discover the agency handling the procedure.

You then could locate proofs of sale of same units in same condition yours was when found and make offer.

No clue if that would work.

Other option is if company does not exist and title clear as not stolen or monies due to any bank then there must be some statute or process in place as this has happened many times with the recent crash.

Most can be done via Google searches to locate enough information to allow you to communicate clearly with your local DMV.

You just may be able to use "abandoned vehicle" clause if it has been not active.

Someone left it on someone's property...

Again legal determination of the DMV...You can Google the rules in your state as well as the state the tag is to see if the rules can be applied to your case.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:27 PM   #103
GKW

Devastated!

Don't even consider a lawyer for a transaction that seems to be in the $2,000 area. Legal fees would far exceed anything you could recover and it would just be throwing good money after bad. Walk away from this and chalk it up to bad experience. I would bet the party you bought it from is far more guilty of deception in this deal than they are leading you to believe.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #104

Marcus you have been "screwed", move on. Consider what you already paid as being rent. Take the time you are spending on this to improve yourself rather than agonizing over a bad decision. Move on!
Old 08-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #105

I would really love for all the people who easily claim, over the internet, to just take a 2,000 dollar loss and just "move on" when I have no source of income and no way to bounce back while being separated from my family. If you gave me that 2,000 dollars as easily as you can say that, I think this whole thing would be a non-issue.

So right now to all the negative people that are so high upon that pedestal, I'll ask you, would you be willing to just let 2,000 go and just move on if you were in my shoes?

This is a serious question. Because there are no jobs where I am at and I have no money left to go anywhere to look for work. I'll be stuck homeless and no one hires anyone that is homeless. So think hard about the words you choose to answer with.

Trust me, I've learned a lot about this whole situation. More than I wanted to in some areas. I don't need to remain financially bankrupt to keep a lesson learned. I am not an idiot. Quit talking down to me as one. It's really starting to get under my skin and leave a bad taste in my mouth with the way you tell me things like that.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #106

Monaco Owners Club
Markus, no one is talking down to you...
every post has been to offer to help.

we wouldn't take OUR limited time to respond if just to talk down to you.

We can only offer advice over the internet ...

I have been ALMOST where you are at a few years ago - laid off just before Christmas with a family to support - it was devastating, but thank goodness through my contacts and hard work and study, it only lasted a month.

And maybe your time and money is better spent on your family than on your isp and internet browsing - that's what I made myself do, I actually got up each morning and dressed for work, went into the homeoffice, closesd the door and worked all day on study and resumes...

sincerely - good luck - go make it happen
Old 08-06-2015, 12:16 PM   #107

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Took the words right out of my mouth. Pretty sure the Internet is costing a minimum of $50 a month. Since I have no idea where you are I really cannot comment on employment. I will only suggest you broaden your horizons as far as acceptable employment goes. Check Craigslist in your area. It won't be $20 an hour employment but it seems like it would be more than you're making right now.

Tons of free advice has gone in your direction. One offer to take it off your hands has been on this thread. Granted not every piece of advice would work but your desire not to at least seek some answers only worsens your problem. I'm willing to bet that you can anonymously contact the FL and MO DMV's and get some basic info. As long as you choose to do nothing then nothing is what will happen.

Good luck with it.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #108

We are not talking down to you. Many of us have seen hard times and from that experience we offer our advice. It may sound like criticism to you but look at it as "tough love".
Old 08-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #109

Internet goes through my girlfriends tablet which then is switch over to a WiFi signal. It's no extra cost out of either of our pockets since her mom pays the phone bill with unlimited data.

And craigslist here is a joke.

Be a model! But must be female. Thanks but no thanks. Not even if I was female because we all know you want to see a young girl naked on some paid cam site...

Next

Now hiring!!!
But must have 472828273 years of experience to qualify!
I'm exaggerating the years obviously but I'm only 30, it's ridiculous to demand anything over a year experience for a minimum wage job to begin with.

I can go on for days about the atrocious garbage people post on craigslist but that doesn't solve the problem either.

Go from store to store- we're not hiring but always add to the pool of people that never get called back.

So filling out applications or filing them online. And calling or going in and asking for an interview has become a pointless endeavor because they either never call you or never remember you or don't care to see you.

That's why I want my money back and to get out of this awful state
Old 08-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #110
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Markus,

I'm sorry you are having such a bad time of it and that this has happened. Most people who get a monthly check (SS and I am not there yet, I still work) have earned their monthly check by working for 35 to 45 years, that check is not free.

Reading through this it is hard to completely understand exactly what happened. I think this is why people are confused and responding the way they are.

Chopping out the RV leaves you with no place to live, calling the Sheriff may leave you with the same circumstance, but chopping it out may also leave you with a room in the County jail.

I'm glad you have quit making payments. The people may come pick up the rig though when you are not there if they can find it. Might want to make it not startable just in case. Not permanently, just so it won't start unless you want to move it.

Until you get legal answers, you will not have a legal answer where you stand. I agree that the people who sold it to you are not giving you the whole story. How long did they have it, a year, a month? If they had it only long enough to find another buyer (you), they are part of the scam. If they had it a long time and could not get a clear title to it, then they knew when they sold it to you that there was a problem. Either way, something is not right with their story.

Call the Sheriff. They will give you a good idea of where you stand without charge. They will also do a search of the legal owner and you will at least have that answer to that question. Doing nothing leaves you legally responsible and as one person stated, if they find this thread they have all the poof to prosecute you.

I feel for what you are going through. Unfortunately you cannot trust people anymore. You have to have all legal documentation in front of you and copies of each document.

As you stated, we cannot all live in a fantasy land but maybe that is what you are doing thinking you are going to get your money back. Those people are not going to pay you. They are not going to help you. Only a legal recourse is going to get you an answer. Be prepared, it may not be the answer you want.

I wish you luck is getting a resolution. You have been dealt an unfair hand. Good luck.
Well said Lynne!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:52 PM   #111

I was looking at some of your old posts and noticed that you rebuilt the roof on that MH.

If you have that kind of skills, you should be able to work in the construction field.

Find a "shape up" hangout and do some day labor work. Once the boss see's that you have skills, you will be hired often.

There are many people who started that way and as long as you want to work, you will work. Blaming job listings for no job, just don't cut it. You have a child to support.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:31 PM   #112
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Here's what I did when I needed a job when I was younger.

I walked into a construction office.
They said "Not Hiring"
I said "You need me, I have the skills you need"
They said "Not Hiring"
I said "I'll tell you what, I'll work for 2 days for you for free and if after those 2 days, you don't feel I'm an asset, you tell me and I'll leave".

They took me up on my offer.
They kept me, paid me from day one and I worked for them for 4-1/2 years till I left and started my own company.

I suppose they could have spit me out after the 2 days but I was confident in my abilities and proved myself.

Closed Thread