Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #113
Senior Member
 
gemini5362's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,078
I actually talked to Marcus about buying his camper. When he emailed me I had a couple of days where my part time job has taken up all of my time. He sent me the Vin and when i went to check it on the internet they did not find it. That might be because it is an older model and the VIN number is not 17 digits like now. He said he found information on it so I have emailed him and asked him to verify the information. If I can get a chance tomorrow I will call my bank and have them run the UCC and see if it is financed then it is a matter of calling the sherrifs office and seeing if it is stolen. I have seen a couple of small discussions about the condition and I am sure Marcus will give me a complete run down of any problems. He is however talking to me about selling it to me so the poster that said he is not doing anything is incorrect but these have been private emails and Marcus was handicapped by my getting busy.

Interestingly enogh I have been homeless one time in my life and that was when I moved to Florida. I had a very good job and actually for the time period it was I actually made very good money. The problem was it was in the 70s and i moved to st. petersburg with my two dogs and my two children and wife. I did not realize how hard it would be to find an apartment that would allow children. ( it was easier to find one that allowed dogs) We had a tent and thought we could camp out for a couple of weeks until I got a paycheck. We did not count on first, last, and equal months rent for deposit. I could not get enough money ahead to meet those. I finally wound up telling my boss I would be gone for a couple of days and moved my wife and children back to Arkansas to live with her mother. I went back and rented a room and saved my money until I could rent an apartment then went back and brought my wife and children back. I understand where Marcus is. With that said I have not seen a sonic drive in or a mcdonalds that does not have help wanted signs on them. It might be minimum wage but it is money. I know in Bella Vista, Arkansas it started life as a retirement community. You can go into the local grocery store and put up a sign to do odd jobs and get hired to help older people do errands, minimum construction work things like that. I would imagine Florida has the same opportunities but they might not.
__________________

__________________
2005 Allegro Bus 38DP
2012 Enclave tow vehicle
No Dogs, No cats.
gemini5362 is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2015, 10:28 PM   #114
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,492
Check with work force contract companies as they provide contract workers to companies for short term.

Every town has them and most are specific to narrow skills but Aerotek is one in this area that may be in other states that supply welders and fruit sorters to just about anything else.

You visit their office and meet with an agent who performs an interview to see what your skills are then they use you to fill their needs.

They make money if you get assignment so they usually look for you.

Be careful of some who will attempt to setup interviews for positions you do not qualify for and never get an interview as they are working from a contact quota...
__________________

__________________
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 02:15 AM   #115
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 144
Well someone that was scoffing at me earlier wanted an update, the couple we bought it from dropped a 100$ off as "compensation" and stole the RV. So I am now going to seek legal action to get my money back from his fraud and theft. I am now starting to firmly believe they're not as innocent as I once thought and quite possibly the secondhand of the scam process. He even tried accusing me of being in breech of the contract because we didn't file for a temporary tag. Unbelievable! I'm glad I didn't because my name would then be associated with his scam.

I just now need to locate the paperwork we signed when we get to Ohio. He left me in a position that my girlfriend wouldn't have, which is just being 100% homeless. So we're trying to make it there on 100$ with her Chevy aveo... Wish us luck.
__________________
MarkusW is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 02:19 AM   #116
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Check with work force contract companies as they provide contract workers to companies for short term.

Every town has them and most are specific to narrow skills but Aerotek is one in this area that may be in other states that supply welders and fruit sorters to just about anything else.

You visit their office and meet with an agent who performs an interview to see what your skills are then they use you to fill their needs.

They make money if you get assignment so they usually look for you.

Be careful of some who will attempt to setup interviews for positions you do not qualify for and never get an interview as they are working from a contact quota...
I've heard of arerotek before. They're always looking for circuit board solderers. Unfortunately, I have limited experience with soldering circuit boards and they require a 5 year minimum of experience. That's nice and all, but also unfair in my opinion. How does one acquire all these years of experience if no one will hire someone and teach them more about it. It really sucks. I'm fast and catch on quickly when it comes to things like that. Oh well.
__________________
MarkusW is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 02:21 AM   #117
Senior Member
 
ArmandV's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tarzana, CA
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusW View Post
the scam process. Unbelievable! I'm glad I didn't because my name would then be associated with his scam.
See? I told you so!
__________________
2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 02:27 AM   #118
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I was looking at some of your old posts and noticed that you rebuilt the roof on that MH.


If you have that kind of skills, you should be able to work in the construction field.


Find a "shape up" hangout and do some day labor work. Once the boss see's that you have skills, you will be hired often.


There are many people who started that way and as long as you want to work, you will work. Blaming job listings for no job, just don't cut it. You have a child to support.
I'm not sure if I posted pictures of the finished project or not but it looks like I hired a professional to do it for me.

If there's construction work in Ohio I'll look into it. I know it pays well, I've been roofing for a few years on and off but mostly off because I've lived in Florida almost all my life and I can't stand working in the Florida heat on a roof. Sure there's lots of breeze but that's majorly misleading and can get you dehydrated fast. Florida heat is a weird thing. I prefer not to eat or drink while I work in the sun. If I have to drink it's very minimal. You drink to much you just become over hydrated and actually get the same symptoms as being dehydrated. So I like to work fast and spend as little time as I possibly can in the sun.
__________________
MarkusW is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 07:21 AM   #119
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusW View Post
I'm not sure if I posted pictures of the finished project or not but it looks like I hired a professional to do it for me.

If there's construction work in Ohio I'll look into it. I know it pays well, I've been roofing for a few years on and off but mostly off because I've lived in Florida almost all my life and I can't stand working in the Florida heat on a roof. Sure there's lots of breeze but that's majorly misleading and can get you dehydrated fast. Florida heat is a weird thing. I prefer not to eat or drink while I work in the sun. If I have to drink it's very minimal. You drink to much you just become over hydrated and actually get the same symptoms as being dehydrated. So I like to work fast and spend as little time as I possibly can in the sun.
Sure, I understand. I never liked to weld in the rain or climb on heavy equipment in ice. In the summer I had to wear long sleeves and a hat, so the flies, that breed in yard waste, wouldn't chew up my arms while we hardface welded the tree grinders. Ducking the maggots dropping from garbage trucks was always a challenge, when the drive shafts tore out.

But at the end of the day, I would go home and see the wife and 2 children that I was responsible for. They had food, clothes and toys purchased by the money that I made. It made it all worth it.

I guess I'm just old fashion.
__________________
twinboat is online now  
Old 08-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #120
Senior Member
 
datrbone8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 852
This reminds me of an old cartoon strip character. He walked around with a dark cloud over his head that followed him wherever he went. No matter what he did or where he went that cloud just hung over him
__________________
1998 Newmar Dutch Star, 3126B Cat/ Freightliner
2003 Honda Element
" Don't let the same dog bite you twice "
datrbone8 is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 08:08 AM   #121
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
This reminds me of an old cartoon strip character. He walked around with a dark cloud over his head that followed him wherever he went. No matter what he did or where he went that cloud just hung over him
Sounds more like the story of my life. Well, hopefully that will change for me soon.
__________________
MarkusW is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 08:12 AM   #122
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Sure, I understand. I never liked to weld in the rain or climb on heavy equipment in ice. In the summer I had to wear long sleeves and a hat, so the flies, that breed in yard waste, wouldn't chew up my arms while we hardface welded the tree grinders. Ducking the maggots dropping from garbage trucks was always a challenge, when the drive shafts tore out.

But at the end of the day, I would go home and see the wife and 2 children that I was responsible for. They had food, clothes and toys purchased by the money that I made. It made it all worth it.

I guess I'm just old fashion.
I could never understand how anyone could work in the sun with long sleeves. I see lawn care workers covered head to toe in what looks like snow gear in the dead middle of the Florida summer. Made me cringe. But whatever helps you get the job get done.
__________________
MarkusW is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 08:38 AM   #123
Senior Member
 
gemini5362's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,078
I guess I will not be buying an RV. It is interesting to note that I had trouble doing the free checks for VIN numbers and sent Marcus an Email asking him to double check the VIN number. He replied to me at 2:05 am telling me to try capital letters and that he would try to check the number. At 2:15 am he is on here posting that it was reposessed/stolen ( however you view it). I am not sure if it was reposessed in that narrow window between 2:05 am and 2:15 am especially if he was living in it. Either way my involvement in this has ended. By the way he has it for sale on craigslist.
__________________
2005 Allegro Bus 38DP
2012 Enclave tow vehicle
No Dogs, No cats.
gemini5362 is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 08:43 AM   #124
Senior Member
 
datrbone8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 852
Some people are their own worst enemies
__________________
1998 Newmar Dutch Star, 3126B Cat/ Freightliner
2003 Honda Element
" Don't let the same dog bite you twice "
datrbone8 is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 08:54 AM   #125
Senior Member
 
JohnBoyToo's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW, Tex-US
Posts: 4,827
Whew - sounds like we are all done with it then.....

i think my first post can now be used as an "I told you so... "

my wife says it all the time to me, so I like to use it on the rare occasions I can
__________________
'11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler JKU. History.. 5'ers: 13 Redwood 38gk, 11 MVP Destiny, Open Range TT, popups, vans, tents...
JohnBoyToo is online now  
Old 08-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #126
Senior Member
 
LSC9901's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 933
32 foot class A

Look carefully at this ad. It was posted 17 days ago. This thread started on 8/2 .... 5 days ago. 17 days ago he became part of the scam. I won't stoop to name calling because I don't like it but ..... Not real sure what this persons sob story is really about. He was mad because someone sold it to him with the promise of a title and SEVENTEEN days ago he was doing the very same thing.

If we all visit the CL listing and flag it Craigslist will in fact remove it. I dislike being used !!! I hope the law catches up with him/them. They have obviously tried hard to avoid them.

Grrrrrrrrrr
__________________

__________________
If you have friends who make you laugh, spend lots of time with them.
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

LSC9901 is online now  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.