Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #1

I understand that Guaranty is selling this for windshield protection, and guaranting the windshield resist damage from road debris, repels raindrops and makes bug removal easier. Almost $1300.00, so we are looking for any information!

Sully

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #2

I understand that Guaranty is selling this for windshield protection, and guaranting the windshield resist damage from road debris, repels raindrops and makes bug removal easier. Almost $1300.00, so we are looking for any information!

Sully

Old 04-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #3

I am not an Alpine owner but interested in this product also. Have made contact with a local supplier but not scheduled an appointment yet. So, will be looking for responses. Thank you
Old 04-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know about the $1300 cost--I can buy a lot of cleaner for that.
FYI:
If you have a lot of bugs on the windshield, Take some of the Fabric softener sheets you use in the dryer and wet them and wash the windshield. They work better then any of the Bug cleaners I have use. I even use it on the backs of the mirrows and the grill and front end. They work great. You need to rinse the white soapy streaks of, but the sheets really soften the bugs, very little effort needed. Buy them in Costco or Sams.

We have a lot of Bugs in FL, particularly the Love Bugs in June and Sept.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #5

If the Diamond Fusion is the same as what we have on the front covering our paint. I find bugs just as hard to remove from it, some bugs actually stain it and it takes several days to clear up after it is washed. The coaches I have seen with it on only have the lower 12 inches or so covered. At $1300 I personally would pass. The last section of windshield I had replaced cost $670 and the Diamond plate would not have saved it since the crack started about 2 feet from the bottom.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:10 AM   #6

We looked extensively at this product and decided not topurchase it. Take a look at the warranty on their web site and the required follow up servicing schedule in order to maintain the warranty. It seemed like it was just another spray on product that a dealer made a lot of money from.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #7

Wayne,

Not the same as Diamond Shield on the front of the coach. See:

www.diamonfusion.com/

Sully
Old 04-08-2006, 06:42 AM   #8

Thanks Sully,
I have seen Diamond Shield on County Coaches and thought it was a waste.

I checked out Diamond Fusion's web site and it looks intriguing. Though at 1300 dollars it will double the cost of replacing a broken windshield. The easy of cleaning and water shedding properties may off set some of the cost in easy of maintenance. If it actually lives up to it's claim that it takes a force 10 times greater to damage the glass hmm..
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #9

Our research showed that there is NO WAY this product can 10X the force needed to damage the glass. Maybe .10X.. For ease of cleaning and water repellant Rainx works great. At .10% of the cost.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #10

Hello everyone,
My name is Donald Montgomery, I am a distributor for Diamon-Fusion USA here in the State of Indiana. I just want to state the pros (proven in lab and in the field)about our product.
1. It makes the glass 10x stronger (not harder), 10x more scratch resistant.
2. It makes the glass 20% more brighter reducing sunglare and nighttime glare dramatically.
3. It gives the glass a property called lubricity meaning tree sap, bugs, road tar, ice and snow are much easier to remove.
4. It makes the glass ultra-water repellent- the harder it rains the more the water rolls off the windshield.
5. It becomes "part of" the windshield, it makes a covalent bond with the glass, which is the strongest chemical bond available.
6. A 4 year warranty comes with the product that covers the repair and/or replacement of the windshield.
7. There are many area that this product goes on in a cross section of industries, with major Corporations signed up as licensees.
If anyone has any further questions, you can privately email me through this forum or call me at 888-206-0447-x705.
Sincerely,
Donald Montgomery
Old 04-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #11

I believe in Diamon Fusion.
While traveling down the road I heard a very loud bang = something (rock?) hit the front of the motorhome. I had to search for the small distortion in the diamon fusion with paint bunched up under it - it did not chip the paint.
Also had it put on windshields - In a medium rain storm I could see well enough without wipers - never bothered to turn them on.
If I ever get a one piece windshield - Diamon Fusion would be a MUST - if only for safety reasons. It could probably keep a medium rock from coming THROUGH the window.
You get to decide what your safety is worth?

Rick
Old 04-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the information, Donald. As this is of interest to all motorhome owners, not just Alpine Coaches, I'm moving this post to the Motorhome - General Discussion forum so that others than join in and benefit as well.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #13

I have a couple comments in support of Donald M's reply.

When we were in Alaska last summer we received several rock chips in our windshield on our previous motorhome. We had them repaired at a small shop in Tok. The chip repair guy lived in Tok all his life and said he replaced 2 to 3 windshields per year due to cracks from rock chips on the Alaskan roads on his Dodge diesel pickup. He had a Daimon Fusion job in Anchorage on his last windshield a couple years ago and hadn't replaced a windshield yet. He had all the same comments about being easier to see through in the rain, easier to clean, etc. I have a lot of respect for his opinion since those of us who have been to Alaska know they probably have more rock chips and cracks to deal with than anyone, and he wasn't selling the treatment, just telling me how well it worked.

He strongly urged me to get a Daimon-Fusion job on my new coach's windshield when I picked it up last August. So far I have been looking for a dealer in the Seattle area and haven't found one, but when I do, I am going to have it done on our coach.
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
IF the odds were well stacked against you - meaning - as an example 1 out of every 5 windshields would require replacing, I think the cost could be justified.

In 35 years of driving from Maine to Florida to California and Oregon, I have had a total of ONE windshield replaced on a vehicle and 2 chips repaired. True that the windshield on a motor coach is considerably larger and costs more to replace, but, I can't believe that the risk yet rises to the point where it makes this economical as a preventative measure.

I mean....So what does 10% stronger then untreated glass really mean? Show me what happens when you throw a 1 inch rock out of a cannon at a windshield - both treated and untreated.

Sounds like it should be a Myth Busters episode!!