Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2016, 11:22 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Diamondshield Before & After

I just had the Diamondshield removed and replaced in Red Bay AL by the Diamondshield Manager at the Tiffin plant there. I'm extremely pleased with the job and the results. He did a great job, and she looks like a new coach now. I found him when I toured the Tiffin plant recently and set up the work with him. Not cheap - it took the better part of three days. First day he was able to remove the old film. The second day was removal of the adhesive, cleaning, rinsing, and cleaning and rinsing, etc. Then the third day, it was about a four hour job to install the new film with the lifetime guarantee. All I can say is, wow - what a difference! Luckily only one small spot of paint about the size of a quarter lifted. He was able to touch that up. Visible, but not on the tour. I'm really just amazed at the results. I also had some body work and painting done on the rear of the coach at the same time by Bruce Deaton's Body shop, Custom Paint and Auto Body there in Red Bay just a block from the Tiffin plant. Really great folks; I highly recommend them.

After getting back home I installed new lettering I bought on line. The font is not exactly as the original but very close. The "by Newmar" label was purchased directly from Newmar.
jt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	714.7 KB
ID:	125077   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	125078  

harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2016, 11:29 PM   #2

Dramatic transformation... And all it hurt was the check book for a few months. But now you'll miles of smiles!!

Letting looks good too.

Good job,
Smitty

Old 04-24-2016, 02:05 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It certainly looks well worth the effort
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:24 AM   #4

True D/S now offers a lifetime guarantee, but still won't guarantee to cover any damage done to the paint if it ever needs replacing.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Wow Jt! Very nice!!
JFNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
True D/S now offers a lifetime guarantee, but still won't guarantee to cover any damage done to the paint if it ever needs replacing.
And I wonder who pays when a rock chips the paint under the DS? The whole sheet has to be peeled to correct this type of damage and of course the paint chips go with it. This is the majority of the problems that I experienced before I got rid of the DS.
Pigman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
I just had the Diamondshield removed and replaced in Red Bay AL by the Diamondshield Manager at the Tiffin plant there. I'm extremely pleased with the job and the results. He did a great job, and she looks like a new coach now. I found him when I toured the Tiffin plant recently and set up the work with him. Not cheap - it took the better part of three days. First day he was able to remove the old film. The second day was removal of the adhesive, cleaning, rinsing, and cleaning and rinsing, etc. Then the third day, it was about a four hour job to install the new film with the lifetime guarantee. All I can say is, wow - what a difference! Luckily only one small spot of paint about the size of a quarter lifted. He was able to touch that up. Visible, but not on the tour. I'm really just amazed at the results. I also had some body work and painting done on the rear of the coach at the same time by Bruce Deaton's Body shop, Custom Paint and Auto Body there in Red Bay just a block from the Tiffin plant. Really great folks; I highly recommend them.

After getting back home I installed new lettering I bought on line. The font is not exactly as the original but very close. The "by Newmar" label was purchased directly from Newmar.
jt

If you don't mind sharing, what did it cost to have the DS replaced?
Hit_the_Rhod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #8

I would also like to know the cost? I only live a couple hours from red bay and need mine replaced.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:21 PM   #9

Wow so much nicer!
Old 04-24-2016, 01:22 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Nice.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:53 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
And I wonder who pays when a rock chips the paint under the DS? The whole sheet has to be peeled to correct this type of damage and of course the paint chips go with it. This is the majority of the problems that I experienced before I got rid of the DS.
I have to believe that I'll get a lot less rock damage with the DS than without. Yes, the paint damage is owner responsibility. I have to say, all in all even though the DS failed (after 10 yrs) it did do a good job of protecting my paint. The underlying paint was nearly pristine.
jt
Old 04-24-2016, 01:56 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It cost me $1995 to remove and replace the DS on my Newmar. It took him 3 days as mine had deteriorated rather badly. It came off in small pieces, no pulling sheets of it off. And it was a full day just getting the adhesive off. It just depends on how long it takes to remove the old stuff.

The work was done by Brock Keaton who is a contractor for DS. You can call him at 256-483-3904.

Jerry
Old 04-24-2016, 11:08 PM   #13

Thanks for the info.