Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #85

National RV Owners Club
ZEPPED my Dolphin!

I did 5 coats of ZEP Wet Look Finish to the blue bay doors, Before and after pictures don't do the results justice, looks totally different after ZEP. White gelcoat and graphics will have to wait until another day.

Before

After

lbaker5644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbaker5644
How many coats of ZEP is recommended? I did 4 coats yesterday before dark caught up to me, should I do more?
I did 6 coats on the sides. 8 coats on the end caps.

Seems to me that the first time I applied an acrylic coating (in that case it was Vertglas), the instructions said that additional coats will enhance the shine, and be more UV resistant. This will reduce the probability of peeling between maintenance coats.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #87

Winnebago Owners Club
Been working on my 2000 Winnebago Adventurer all weekend. Spent 6 hours with the Barkeepers Friend yesterday then the TSP & Dawn detergent. Ran out of daylight so will be trying to get a few coats of the Zep on there after work today & finish it up tomorrow probably. Also had to do the fiberglass roof with the Camco Rubber Roof cleaner & UV Protectant and it came out very nice. Hopefully the sides come out just as nice but even after the Barkeepers, the walls may be beyond help. The decals certainly are as they are all cracked & shrunk up on the side that the original owner must have stored it exposed to the sun.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #88

Joe-

If you are willing to spend a bit of $, I would guess that your decals are available for replacement. I replaced the "Horizon" decals on my Itasca Horizon, which were peeling off. Go to winnebago parts.com, which is actually a company called Mobility RV. They buy all the leftover decals from Winnebago after each years production run. Give them a call to see what is available.

My decals we less than $20 apiece, but as I recall the stripes are quite a bit more.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #89

Winnebago Owners Club
Spoke with them in May and was quoted $2500 for a set of replacement decals. Not spending that kind of money for them.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemcgin View Post
Spoke with them in May and was quoted $2500 for a set of replacement decals. Not spending that kind of money for them.
Oh my!!! I was thinking mine were only a few hundred, but then again I didn't really price out a full set because the originals don't look too bad. The good news is the Zep helps make them look better too.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #91

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check back with them, I just got a set of replacements for my Sightseer for under $400. They were having a 50 off special