Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #1

Did you happen to take pictures of your Blue Ox rear track bar?

I purchased and just received the new style Blue Ox TT2302 rear track bar for my '05 W-22 Workhorse chassis.

While reviewing the installation instructions which are (barely) useful for identifying the various components, they useless for installation. I called Blue Ox and asked for as installed assembly photos or illustrations. They advised they had none (which I can't imagine)!!!

So, if you happened to take installed (frame and third member) pictures of your Blue Ox rear track bar, please post so we all can use them.

vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2014, 06:26 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A simple search in the workhorse forum returned this thread: Blue Ox Tiger Trac Install Question

It seems to address your issue and contains photos. Good Luck, Ed

Old 03-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
A simple search in the workhorse forum returned this thread: Blue Ox Tiger Trac Install Question

It seems to address your issue and contains photos. Good Luck, Ed
Just remember that the link to the installation video is for a Ford chassis, not a W-22. The outboard bracket on a W-22 is mounted on the right frame rail...not to the right axle housing and sway bar.

One other thing, it's better to take the right rear spring damper off the frame to install the bolts for the trac bar's frame bracket. I also final torqued the two end bolts that attached the bar to it's two brackets with the weight of the coach on the chassis to relieve any twist on the bar's rubber mount bushings.

Sorry, no pics of the install, didn't know how at the time...it's still hit or miss.

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Just remember that the link to the installation video is for a Ford chassis, not a W-22. The outboard bracket on a W-22 is mounted on the right frame rail...not to the right axle housing and sway bar.

One other thing, it's better to take the right rear spring damper off the frame to install the bolts for the trac bar's frame bracket. I also final torqued the two end bolts that attached the bar to it's two brackets with the weight of the coach on the chassis to relieve any twist on the bar's rubber mount bushings.

Sorry, no pics of the install, didn't know how at the time...it's still hit or miss.
Did your pass side track bar bracket under/over the frame like the pic below (#2), or did it bolt through the frame around the middle?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ULTRA TRACK REAR TRACK BAR PDF.pdf (1.25 MB, 67 views)
Old 04-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #5

Recently installed my Blue Ox rear track on my '05 W22 chassis. I have attached some pictures so you can see how the "new style" frame bracket installs. Installation is not bad bad, but everything is big, heavy and requires a bunch of fastener torque!!

This mod made a real positive difference in the handling of this 35' MH when passed by 18 wheelers in high wind. Workhorse should have installed this product when they built the chassis or Winnebago should have spec'd it. In either case it is needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TOTAL ASSEMBLY.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	60231   Click image for larger version

Name:	FRAME BRACKET.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	60232  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DIFF BRACKET.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	60233  
Old 04-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #6

Congrats on the install...looks great and our trac bar made a huge difference as well. Sorry I missed your question. The passenger frame rail bracket bolted thru the frame in the middle...that's what made the removal of the rubber spring limiter/bumper necessary to make the bracket's bolts easier to install. Anyway, glad the install went well...I feel that this mod is one of the best bangs for the buck for these W-22/24 chassis that one can do, IMHO. Thanks for the update.

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ox