Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Misty123 View Post

Richard, I don't know what you call cash back, but I just ordered two $500 and one $100 Visa cards. That sounds like cash back to me. It is true they give you points, but those points convert to cash or I guess if you want to get technical Visa cards that are same as cash.
I guess that the PenFed web site is lacking quite a bit in complete information. Sorry!

Yup, VISA cards are the same as cash, I agree.

Now can you tell me how many points does it take to receive a $100 VISA card, 2000 points or significantly more?

With the Sam's Club MasterCard for every $2000 spent on fuel, I get back $100.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL - Now Staying in Dansville NY for the Summer.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #30
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Penfed cash back Visa gives me 5% rebate automatically every month credited to my bill for gas that I pay at the pump. Now Costco just switched to Visa, AND they let you use ANY visa card at their gas pump...so you get the lower Costco pump price, PLUS 5% rebate from Penfed...you can't beat it.

For all my other charges I use either my Capital One Quicksilver MC or my USAA Visa...each give me 1.5% back on every purchase. I just had to spend $10K on repairs...1.5% was a very nice rebate.

I've had the PenFed card for years and years. It is the best deal out there for gas purchases.

'07 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PRQ ("Elvis"), and our 2012 CRV toad
B52Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:17 PM   #31
Happy Traveler : )

the BEST way: hope that diesel prices stay low!
... as compared to several years ago when pricing was near $4 or more, we are living in the lap of luxury!

I use the app GasBuddy/FuelBuddy to scout out potential pricing on my next route

I use my Wmt CC, which gives a additional 1% rebate(i.e. 2 cents), as a credit on your account
I use MurphyUSA/Walmart stations whenever it makes sense, since they give a 2% credit(i.e. 4 cents) when ALSO using their Wmt CC

: ) I never use truc k stops, they are too expensive no matter what credit or discount you are given
The Turners 2014 Thor Palazzo DP 33.3 35' Bunkhouse
BlueOx, '14 Ford Fiesta, DishHD, KingTailgater2, WifiRanger
50k+miles, 200+ parks, 47 states&Canada provinces, since Aug'14
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:20 PM   #32
Hopefully not too of base on this topic. I like to accumulate and use flying miles at 1.25 miles per dollar. seems to me i get more return this way than the 4% back per gallon on the gas card. Which is better return?
SDSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:22 PM   #33
Happy Traveler : )

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Captned View Post
For people driving around in a class A DP, your biggest worry is a couple of pennies per gallon?
...why would you comment on this as though it is someone's 'biggest worry'? It's just a question someone posed, though I think it might also be an indicator of how those of us who 'drive around in a class A DP' got here in the first place!

no worries
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #34
Originally Posted by Captned View Post
For people driving around in a class A DP, your biggest worry is a couple of pennies per gallon?
At 80 gallons a fill up. You betcha.
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I like the pump start with Pilot CC at truck pumps. In and out quick. No hassle.

98 Endeavor DP, ISB275
RX300, Falcon II hitch, BB Vantage Select
VMSpc, 2002 Grey Ford Powerstroke
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote