Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2016, 07:35 AM   #15

+4 for pentagon federal. 5% for all fuel paid at the pump, 3% for all groceries and 1% for everything else. Also have the pilot/flying J frequent fuelers card that you swipe after your credit card that gives cash price minus .06 cents on diesel. I not sure they still give the same frequent fueler card though.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2016, 07:47 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Sam's Club MasterCard does not require you to purchase at the pump. It gives 5% cash back for ALL fuel purchases up to $6000 per year and 1% after $6000 in fuel purchased.

Plus you get cash back for travel, dining and everything else that you routinely purchase throughout the year.

PenFed Credit Card gives cash back only on fuel.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #17

The convenience of using the Flying J/Pilot or Pacific Pride credit card far out ways what little "cash back" or airline miles I might get from using a credit card. Besides, I drive a motorhome, what the heck am I going to do with airline miles?
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:35 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Sam's Club MasterCard does not require you to purchase at the pump. It gives 5% cash back for ALL fuel purchases up to $6000 per year and 1% after $6000 in fuel purchased.

Plus you get cash back for travel, dining and everything else that you routinely purchase throughout the year.

PenFed Credit Card gives cash back only on fuel.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Richard, I don't know where you got the info about fuel only, but it's not correct. Penfed gives 5% back on fuel 3% back on groceries and 1% back on everything else.
I just got 18,000 points by putting some of the new mh cost on Penfed and then paying them off.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Misty123,

I was only going on what their web site stated. Did you click on the link?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-26-2016, 11:59 AM   #20

Here's PenFed's link. You need the Platinum Rewards card to get 5%, 3%, 1%. They have many card choices.

https://www.penfed.org/view-all-credit-cards/
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Misty123,

I was only going on what their web site stated. Did you click on the link?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS
VISA SIGNATURE® CARD
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature
Like post above this is the one.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post

Here's PenFed's link. You need the Platinum Rewards card to get 5%, 3%, 1%. They have many card choices.

https://www.penfed.org/view-all-credit-cards/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty123 View Post

PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS
VISA SIGNATURE® CARD
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature
Like post above this is the one

You guys are mixing apples and oranges with these PenFed cards. Here is the link to the card you are referring to and there is nothing about CASH back.

https://www.penfed.org/platinum-rewards-visa-signature/

The card you guys are referring to gives points not percentages. Plus it is NOT a cash back card. You have to turn the points into something that they offer.

I like good ole CASH back on my purchases so PenFed still doesn't stack up to the Sam's Club MaterCard Cash Back credit card.

Again, I will reference the ONLY PenFed CC that gives CASH back.

https://www.penfed.org/platinum-cash-rewards-card/

Let's get the facts straight so people who aren't really paying attention reading this thread hopefully will not sign up for the wrong card.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-27-2016, 07:04 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I see no one has mentioned the Sunoco rewards card that saves you 5 cents a gal. I also use the pilot flying J card.
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:49 AM   #24

Pen Fed for us also.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I use the PenFed card for all fuel and a Chase Freedom Visa for 3% rebate on dining and 1% on everything else! The Chase card gives 5% rebates on certain things on a quarterly basis.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captned View Post
For people driving around in a class A DP, your biggest worry is a couple of pennies per gallon?
Nope, a couple of pennies per gallon is not my biggest worry but I have put over 120,000 miles on this RV so at 7.5 mpg that's about 16,000 gallons of diesel so those pennies do add up. I as others use PenFed and gas buddy to help save on fuel expenses.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #27

Quote:
You guys are mixing apples and oranges with these PenFed cards. Here is the link to the card you are referring to and there is nothing about CASH back.

https://www.penfed.org/platinum-rewards-visa-signature/

The card you guys are referring to gives points not percentages. Plus it is NOT a cash back card. You have to turn the points into something that they offer.

I like good ole CASH back on my purchases so PenFed still doesn't stack up to the Sam's Club MaterCard Cash Back credit card.

Again, I will reference the ONLY PenFed CC that gives CASH back.

https://www.penfed.org/platinum-cash-rewards-card/

Let's get the facts straight so people who aren't really paying attention reading this thread hopefully will not sign up for the wrong card.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Richard, I don't know what you call cash back, but I just ordered two $500 and one $100 Visa cards. That sounds like cash back to me. It is true they give you points, but those points convert to cash or I guess if you want to get technical Visa cards that are same as cash.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captned View Post
For people driving around in a class A DP, your biggest worry is a couple of pennies per gallon?
Don't recall ANYONE stating that it was their "biggest worry"! Still, if $400 or $500 savings is NOTHING to you, than why don't you just send me a check for $500.00?!?

We are able to afford a Class A DP BECAUSE we don't irresponsibly waste money when we don't have to. The OP was just asking for information on how to not waste money needlessly. The people on the forum responded with some very good information. That's what this is all about
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel