Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2016, 04:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Even that won't catch a valve about to break, ask me how I know!
Thank you. Is it anyway to inspect the valves before a trip? and prevent from breaking on the road?
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
The cheapest part of the motorhome life is buying it. There will always be routine maintenance and it is reasonable for the most part. It is the unscheduled maintenance that can be very expensive. Used fluid analysis can give inside into problems, I'm told the most common problem in diesel RVs is related to cooling system maintenance.

Working and living out of a MH requires room, for elbows and for stuff. A tag axle MH will give you the most carry weight. Amenities that seem frivolous upfront become required after a bit, like endless hot water. Make as few compromises as you can afford, the slightest irritant upfront will be a real problem in a year of occupancy. Peace and quiet while traveling is at a premium, there is no substitute for haveing the engine 40+ feet away.

Good Luck!
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:39 AM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
Thank you. Is it anyway to inspect the valves before a trip? and prevent from breaking on the road?
Not that I know of.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:40 AM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
Thank you all for your replies. Extremely helpful!
I am glad to hear that diesel engine don't have to be super expensive to maintain. I will definitely look for a maintenance record before i buy anything.
Diesels aren't super expensive to maintain, but they are more expensive to fix.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, maintenance