Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #1

Diesel in eastern Mass

I am currently in eastern Mass (Littleton) and am looking at my Allstays Truck and Travel App for truck stops with diesel in the area. I am finding a curious lack of those. I am seeing a Pilot south west of here near Sturbridge Village but nothing really closer (I will be heading west). I believe I can make it to the Pilot, but just in case ... Does anyone know of a (reputable !!!) source of diesel further east from there? ( not sure if they have it on the turnpike stops - and likely don't want to pay that premium if I can help it ,,,)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #2

If you are going west on I90 there is a truck stop at exit 6 in chickoppe mass when you get off the exit turn right then righnt at the light.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Pilot in Sturbridge is not along the Pike. It is a couple exits south on 84. There is also a large TA Truckstop on 84 just into Connecticut.

I'm sure there are stations near you with easy access. We are from Worcester area and fill up in North Oxford. There is a Mobil station on Route 20 with easy access, truck pumps. Pull in the first driveway and drive around the back of the building and out to the truck pumps. Straight shot out to the road after fillup.
It you are interested, this station is about 3 miles west of Pike exit 10 in Auburn. After fillup you can go back to exit 10 or head west on Route 20 for 10 miles and get on the Pike at exit 9 Sturbridge or head south on 84 toward Hartford

Good Luck
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Did a quick Google search, here's one result:

Littleton Gas Prices - Find the Lowest Gas Prices in Littleton, Massachusetts and Middlesex County to Save Money on Fuel - Motor Trend Magazine

Also, if you have a smart phone, download GasBuddy app. It reports stations and prices anywhere in U.S.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't think there's enough clearance to get into the Citgo by the campground. The Shell station a couple of miles down 2A has adequate height and pretty good access, depending on how big you are (and a Dunkin Donuts). In any event, there is a Mobil Truck Stop at Exit 7 on I-190 in Leominster. Only about 17 miles from the Minuteman Campground. Go west on Rt 2, and south on I-190.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Did a quick Google search, here's one result:

Littleton Gas Prices - Find the Lowest Gas Prices in Littleton, Massachusetts and Middlesex County to Save Money on Fuel - Motor Trend Magazine

Also, if you have a smart phone, download GasBuddy app. It reports stations and prices anywhere in U.S.
Also, if you have coPilot live on your phone, will show gas and/or diesel prices near your current location, or along your planned route.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
All the service plazas on the Mass Turnpike ( I90) have fuel both gas and diesel. Yes it will be a few cents more than going off the turnpike ., The extra cost may be offset by ease of access.. Food , snacks and restrooms available too.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I don't think there's enough clearance to get into the Citgo by the campground. The Shell station a couple of miles down 2A has adequate height and pretty good access, depending on how big you are (and a Dunkin Donuts). In any event, there is a Mobil Truck Stop at Exit 7 on I-190 in Leominster. Only about 17 miles from the Minuteman Campground. Go west on Rt 2, and south on I-190.
Is that the "Mr mikes mini mart" right across the street from a Walmart ??
Old 08-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That's the one! Don't be fooled - they get a pretty fair amount of truck traffic on there.

I'm not picking stuff off Google here. I'm a Boston native, lived damn near my whole life in eastern MA, and owned a house right up the road in Westford for 15 years until '07. Our kids still live in the area, and we've been back regularly. I know the area pretty well.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #10

Quote:
That's the one! Don't be fooled - they get a pretty fair amount of truck traffic on there. I'm not picking stuff off Google here. I'm a Boston native, lived damn near my whole life in eastern MA, and owned a house right up the road in Westford for 15 years until '07. Our kids still live in the area, and we've been back regularly. I know the area pretty well.
Thanks!!! I was fooled - seemed like it might be a small low traffic place and I have heard too many stories of people getting bad fuel. :-(. And yes - we ARE at the Munuteman campground. Nice place - reasonably convenient to jump in town. I am also a boston native, but have lived in the midwest for the last 30 years. Nice to get back here and visit!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #11

Quote:
That's the one! Don't be fooled - they get a pretty fair amount of truck traffic on there. I'm not picking stuff off Google here. I'm a Boston native, lived damn near my whole life in eastern MA, and owned a house right up the road in Westford for 15 years until '07. Our kids still live in the area, and we've been back regularly. I know the area pretty well.
Thanks again for the recommendation: I did pull in there and fill up: lots of truck traffic , easy access, and a dunkin donuts for my son to but some treats! Perfect location for me on my way out!