Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2019, 02:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop Flyer View Post
I have the LBCU on my 2005 Winnebago Journey but the display is so dark it can’t be read from the driver’s seat. I’ve gotten down on the floor and up close to adjust the brightness but can only read the display from up close. Is there a way to fix the display?

Correction...I have the MMCU not the LBCU stated above. Same question though. Is there a fix for the dark screen?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Scan Gauge D, was $109 at Walmart on sale. It's saved me hundreds monitoring my MPG.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop Flyer View Post
Correction...I have the MMCU not the LBCU stated above. Same question though. Is there a fix for the dark screen?
Treetop: I would just contact Freightliner directly and ask the question. They have always responded to my emails in under 12 hours and mostly within the hour....even on weekends. Or you can call them.

For the LBCU there is actually a diagnostics flow chart that is pages long one can follow that has you doing certain things and based on the outcome, following the flow chart through to the final answer. Not sure if they have the same thing for the older MMCU version.

You can email them at fcccservice@daimler.com
Old 08-14-2019, 08:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmann View Post
Hi everyone! I just bought a 2008 Fleetwood Providence 40x with the 360 Cummins in it. We did our first trip this weekend flat towing my Jeep Wrangler. I don’t have the actual temps but just going by the gauge it seems to get a little warm but I am new diesels and not sure if there should or will be fluctuation with temps. It would typically run just over the half mark when idiling or around town. When on the highway around 60-65 mph it would climb to about the 3/4 mark on the gauge then drop back down when the fan came on. It this normal? Should I be checking something out? What are others using to monitor actual temps instead of just a gauge?
I phoned Cummins customer Care and asked this question, the reply was:
" each engine has specific features, I must have your engine serial # before I can accurately answer your question""'
I gave him my engine serial #, he said "according to the curves and data sheet your specific engine normal operating temperature is between 180 and 212°, if it climbs to 220, bring it into a Cummins shop for inspection."

If you only have a green/yellow/ red marked gauge, replace it with one calibrated in degrees F.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:49 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mine runs at 181 on level ground and rises slightly on hills. When I hit the mountains , it'll run up and down from 181 to 195 depending on the grade.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #20

Silverleaf is a great investment.
https://www.silverleafelectronics.com/node/6
Old 08-14-2019, 11:38 PM   #21
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
I have the Silverleaf vmspc kit in a laptop sitting on my dash. It displays all of the engine data. speed, cruise control setting, turbo boost, engine temp, tranny temp, miles driven, mpg for current tank and 2 trip totals, voltage, time, % of load, torque, etc, etc, etc. It has more information than I need to see, but it's all there if I get bored.
I run the same computer program and it shows EXACTLY what the Cummins ECM is seeing. I also run 185 on flat ground with the Allison running about 10-20 cooler. As stated, it will climb on a warm day when climbing a grade, usually to about 200, really hot day, 210 and then the fan comes on.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #22

Sounds like mine is now in line with other ISL's. I had overheating issues out west, when I came back I replaced the T-stat. While I was out there I unplugged the fan controller (cassapa not SD) to make it run high speed. That didn't help much, and is a huge power drag. It always ran 210 or more even on the flats.

After the T-stat it still ran hot, I found my radiator pretty well plugged up with dirt, dust and grass. Since cleaning that the lowest I see is ~195 and it will climb to 215 on a long hard pull towing F250. But then it drops even while still climbing when I assume the fan is coming on. It usually cycles 200-210, you can almost count the miles by watching it the cycles are so steady.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:28 AM   #23

Thanks everyone, I got my lbcu setup with the engine temp. Those gauges aren’t accurate at all.
Jeepmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:44 AM   #24

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
Silverleaf is a great investment.
https://www.silverleafelectronics.com/node/6

Ran this on my older coach was a fantastic tool. Way more info then the Scan gauge.

My A/C came factory with the Silverleaf system built in so don't need the laptop anymore.
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:40 PM   #25

I need help with Monterey Cobra 6.5L pusher

Hello,
I have Monterey by Cobra 95 6.5L GM Pusher engine.
When I drive it and go over 100-110KM the temperature goes between 190-220F , and I’m most of time I stop or drop the speed down to 80km and the temp goes back to 180f.
However It my sound stupid but I was thinking to add second radiator beside the engine, and and make T from the main Feed pipe to the main radiator, and same thing with return.
Any advice on idea please?
Saif1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:31 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif1982 View Post
I need help with Monterey Cobra 6.5L pusher

Hello,
I have Monterey by Cobra 95 6.5L GM Pusher engine.
When I drive it and go over 100-110KM the temperature goes between 190-220F , and I’m most of time I stop or drop the speed down to 80km and the temp goes back to 180f.
However It my sound stupid but I was thinking to add second radiator beside the engine, and and make T from the main Feed pipe to the main radiator, and same thing with return.
Any advice on idea please?
First, clean the radiator, then have the cooling system flushed, replace thermostat before re-filling with anti-freeze.
Your present cooling system was designed by expert engineers, it if is not working, correct what is wrong.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 08-22-2019, 10:07 AM   #27

[U'']Your present cooling system was designed by expert engineers"[/U]
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:28 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
[U'']Your present cooling system was designed by expert engineers"[/U]
My Spartan chassis was designed by expert engineers,as reflected in Spartan being the leader in fire truck chassis and bus chassis.

Tags
diesel