Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
$4.25 A gallon in my home town in Warren,Pa. and the best I seen is at exit 28 on I-26 south in south carolina for $3.67, that is a lot!!!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #30

We expect seasonal increases and accept it. They know this and get away with it. They also get away with the slow decrease in prices and we accept that, since that is the norm, and they know they can get away with it. They also know, if there is even a threat to oil delivery, they can get away with raising prices. The oil could be still in the ground or already sitting in tanker off shore.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #31

Rexhall Owners Group
Here in California the price went up about about 50-60 cents a gallon depending where you went. They blamed this on a shortage of winter blend gas. Over the last couple of days diesel has began to rise also. No reason why. It is all BS. We the consumer are at the mercy of the oil companies who again are making record profits. In fact, the price of oil per barrel has dropped. Please explain this one to me.

Martin
Old 10-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
Here in California the price went up about about 50-60 cents a gallon depending where you went. They blamed this on a shortage of winter blend gas. Over the last couple of days diesel has began to rise also. No reason why. It is all BS. We the consumer are at the mercy of the oil companies who again are making record profits. In fact, the price of oil per barrel has dropped. Please explain this one to me.

Martin

The shortage is local to you, caused by your own state legislature.

It is not the doing of the oil industry or other evil plot.
Elsewhere there is no shortage, the the price per gallon is falling or holding steady based on the price of oil. Some increase overall in Oct is to be expected for Diesel as the demand for home heating oil in the northeast spikes this time of year as they fill thier oil tanks for winter heating.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
The shortage is local to you, caused by your own state legislature.

It is not the doing of the oil industry or other evil plot.
Elsewhere there is no shortage, the the price per gallon is falling or holding steady based on the price of oil. Some increase overall in Oct is to be expected for Diesel as the demand for home heating oil in the northeast spikes this time of year as they fill thier oil tanks for winter heating.
"Expected"? And we accept that and they know we will. How long has it been getting colder around this time of year? People buy heating oil before it gets cold. Why can't the oil companies produce more oil before it gets cold? This ought to be good.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #34

Rexhall Owners Group
I still don't buy in to it. Overseas, diesel has traditionally always been cheaper than gas as it take less refining just like jet fuel at least thats what I was always told when living abroad. Thats way a turbine engine is still cost effective taking in to account the amount of fuel they use and the cost a jet A. I believe in a company making a profit but, record profits at the expence of the consumer, NO. Not when people are hurting and the cost of living is increasing and the standard of living is decreasing.

My opinion only.

Martin
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #35

Record profits and closing refineries only helps the oil companies. Double the tax on their profits and use the money to build the pipe line from Canada, then tell me why it isn't being built.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #36

Rexhall Owners Group
I do agree that as far as the high gas prices go it appears to be more of an issue with California. I did not think that diesel prices were affected by the demand of home heating oil as I always thought that they were to different types of fuel. I guess that I should be grateful diesel is still cheaper than avgas $6.25 a gallon at our local airport.

Martin
Old 10-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
i heard some where the other night that low fuel prices are the result of a weak decling econamy
brianj
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
Record profits and closing refineries only helps the oil companies. Double the tax on their profits and use the money to build the pipe line from Canada, then tell me why it isn't being built.
Not allowed.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Regular Unleaded, +- $1.19 per liter (X4 for you US folks) = $4.80 +- / Gal
Diesel, +- $1.13 per liter or $4.50 +- / Gal
3.785 liters in a USA gallon.

gas 119/ liter = $ 450.41 per gallon
diesel 113 / liter = $ 427.70 per gallon

no charge for these corrections
Old 10-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne

...Elsewhere there is no shortage, the the price per gallon is falling or holding steady based on the price of oil. Some increase overall in Oct is to be expected for Diesel as the demand for home heating oil in the northeast spikes this time of year as they fill thier oil tanks for winter heating.
Please see my post on 10/14 about historical pricing from US EIA.

Most people I know in north east PA have larger oil tanks and fill up during the summer. Then only get enough to carry them through. Neighbor actually has 1000 gallons at the house.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
The proposed pipeline wasn't a government project using tax dollars. It was to be built by a for-profit corporation. Doing what you suggest may make sense but there would be no chance of letting government intrude into that business. The next step would be suggesting nationalization of the oil companies and you know that would never happen.

Ask someone from Alberta how they feel about the export of the raw product from the tar sand fields to the US for refinement into products to be sold here. Their fuel prices are considerably higher than ours and a refinery in Canada conceivably could help them.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post

Most people I know in north east PA have larger oil tanks and fill up during the summer. Then only get enough to carry them through. Neighbor actually has 1000 gallons at the house.
If everybody did that, they'd raise the prices during the summer, too.

It's like Roswell, Jimmy Hoffa, UFOs and other government cover-ups. We may never know the real reason gas prices are getting higher.

Tags
diesel