Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2016, 12:55 PM   #1

Diesel Pusher & RV Repair Club... Are you a subscriber?

Hi folks,

Do you guys subscribe to RV Repair Club? I know many things are similar on a diesel or gasser, so my questions is?

Is the RV Repair Club good to have if you own a DP and have you been happy with the information you've been given? Some videos are excellent in the way they walk you through things and give advice. Others are not so much, so what say you?

Thanks for your help
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2016, 01:02 PM   #2

I am a subscriber and find it to be very valuable. The videos are very well done.
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hi folks,

Do you guys subscribe to RV Repair Club? I know many things are similar on a diesel or gasser, so my questions is?

Is the RV Repair Club good to have if you own a DP and have you been happy with the information you've been given? Some videos are excellent in the way they walk you through things and give advice. Others are not so much, so what say you?

Thanks for your help
Well,
I've been around on this forum for a few years now and, maybe I've been in a cave for a while but, I've never heard of this "RV Repair Club".

Where would I find info on it and, is this something that's free or, is there a "subscription" or entry fee of some sort?
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:08 PM   #4

Here you go Fire Up

https://www.rvrepairclub.com
Old 09-28-2016, 03:18 PM   #5

I also had never heard of it. I did a google search and saw they had some video previews.

So I clicked on the one called what to look for in a roof inspection. Right out of the gate he started talking about using silicone to seal the front cap.

That is all I needed to see. Anytime someone mentions silicone and rv in the same sentence, my brain goes into shutdown mode.

So if you think using silicone is as good idea this site may have something to offer you. For me, no way. JMO

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:21 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Pretty much everything you would want to know is on youtube...I haven't looked at the site to be fair, but I've never not been able to find something on the web.
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #7

Good point Dmurdock, some can be a little Wonky but you're right. If you look around enough you'll find what you're looking for on YouTube!
Old 09-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #8

I don't know how much this costs but as stated, YouTube now has anything you might want to know about RVs. Plus...you have this forum.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:33 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I joined at a lower price last year. I have found their videos ridiculously simplistic! And I am not particularly mechanically inclined.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:45 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hi folks,

Thanks for your help
It is OK, but much of their content is free to all. They put up some as "premium" which is what you get if you pay. The premium content is all stuff that can be found elsewhere for free with some google searching. That said its good and educational material.

Some information.

1. You can get it for the first year for about $ 10 if you give them your email and wait for them to email a discounted subscription offer. I thought it was a reasonable value for $ 10.

2. You will subscribe with a credit card and part of subscribing is agreeing to annual renewal every 12 months. The annual renewal was $ 40 . I cancelled rather than pay that as I did not think their content was worth $ 40 per year.

3. If you don't renew for $ 40 and let it expire they will email you an offer to renew for $ 10 or less. Their offer to me was about $ 7 to re-instate.

4. There is one main person that generates all the RV repair and maintenance content and it is mainly done on one specific Class A RV (gasser). There is about 1 free and 1 premium repair and maintenance post added per month.

5. There is also some travel and destination content posted, it's premium.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:47 PM   #11

I looked at this about a year ago and decided not to join, I am now on their spam list and get an offer to joint about every other day. I do a fair amount of my own work and as others have said, if you look around you can find someone who had done it and will share what they know.

What killed it for me was the annual auto renewal, If I have to contact someone not to renew, i won't join it. Just don't want the hassle.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:56 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fleetwood Discovery 2015

I did not join because I felt I knew as much as the videos offered. I was a Maint. Manager and engineer. And you can find most answers somewhere on the internet.

Tags
diesel, repair, scr