Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #43
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Take a look at the Allegro Bus. Good floor plans. The Aqua Hot to me is a plus over the gas furnace.

Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #44

We shopped hard and long looking for a coach that had all of the features we desired. After over a year of looking we came back to the Thor/Damon Tuscany 42RQ.
Great floorplan and livability.
I wanted the hydrohot but did not get it. Have found that with 2 gas furnaces and 3 heat pumps warmth has not been an issue. We have been traveling up the West coast and crossed the country in the winter and found the heating systems worked excellent.
Good luck in your search.

John, Cheryl, and Wahoobee
2011 Tuscany 42RQ FOR SALE
flbluerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #45
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Some years ago Country Coach (I think they were the ones) produced a line of coaches that had a 24,000# axle. They ended up buying them back or replacing them as they weren't legal to be on the highway and some toll roads back east banned them.

I'm not sure about tag axles though, if they lift or lower the pressure I guess they're OK and the extra capacity is nice in case you carry your rock collection along.
Well when I had a 38 foot Gulfstream DP with a single rear axle I felt like it was top heavy and ready to roll on exits and sharp turns

with moderate winds I felt like I was being pushed off of the road

when trucks passed I DID THE SHIMMY

With tag axles I never feel top heavy
I never do the shimmy as trucks pass
and in high winds ------ I feel comfortable , but the comfort drive may be the reason for that-- I am not sure ?

2011 Newmar Ventana with COMFORT DRIVE
2011 Jeep Wrangler with Blue Ox tow bars Roadmaster attachments
Charter Lifetime Member Good Sam Club FMCA/KOA/ Newmar Kountry Klub
szy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #46
I bought a Travel Supreme - hihg end - with 25,000 miles on it that listed at $350 plus for $.20 on the dollar. Excellant coach - no majpr problems on my third year in.....43 foot tandem. Read the posts and learn the secrets to a big rig...it could save you from learning some of the school of hard knocks mistakes.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #47
I am not an expert by any means, but I did do a lot of homework before and after I bought my 40' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser DP. I found out that the best engineered and designed is the Monaco line and the offshoot Holiday Rambler. The chassis for the Monaco is built by Roadmaster(owned by Monaco, and each chassis is built as part of the build process of each Monaco coach.) The other chassis for most Holiday Ramblers is the Freightliner Raised rail unit. They rank as the best and second best. They have the best air ride suspention, with the Roadmaster having the edge in handling and control. The engine is the Cummins medium duty ISS and it is known for its power and torgue, as well as low maintenance cost. Transmission is what else? the Allison unit. Monaco I think was the first with a 4 slide coach. With the slides out it is almost as roomy as a small condo. I would definitely say that the Monaco is a superior coach to the Gulf Stream, and to most others. The only other coach that I would think of is the Dutch Star line

bgc44a is offline   Reply With Quote

country coach, diesel, newmar, purchase, spartan