Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2016, 08:56 AM   #1

Dining table or Dinette arrangement?

Still research for my first coach. There are 2 different styles of dining arrangement, dining table with chairs or dinette.

With the dining table, the chairs are removable but have to be tied down during transit while the dinette is fixed and have the seat belts for seating during transit.

Space wise, the dining table may yield a little room than space took with the dinette since the table can not be folded or slide in deep enough to gain more space. Granted, depending on the model, some dining table made look like for 4 persons, but in reality, it would only fit 2 "trimmed" persons. However, some floor plan on the large coach may have larger dinette set.

So, the question is: What do you have in your coach vs. what you do preferred and why?

Hope that I could learn from your experiences. I am aiming to see if I could choose my "Last Coach First".

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2016, 09:01 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had both and prefer the table and chairs. I never tied them down and they never moved. The fixed dinette had storage under the seat which is a plus if you need more space. Two of the four chairs on the table version were stored away when not in use ( mostly left home ) and it gave a larger/ nicer appearance.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too have had both and MUCH prefer the table and chairs. A booth is great at the MALT SHOP but not in my home.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:40 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Clifftalls answer X2. Got the table and chairs on carpet. No movement during driving, even during "exciting times" behind the wheel. We thought we wanted the booth, but are happy with the flexibility of the table and chairs.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:44 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I had both and prefer the table and chairs. I never tied them down and they never moved. The fixed dinette had storage under the seat which is a plus if you need more space. Two of the four chairs on the table version were stored away when not in use ( mostly left home ) and it gave a larger/ nicer appearance.

Same here!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:49 AM   #6

We also have had both. We like our current table and chairs. When we were shopping for a second coach, my wife was adamant about not getting anything with a booth.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #7

we have a u shaped dinette in our 5er....it works great for us with 3 kids and I do like having the storage but after the kids it's table and chairs for us in our next one. I'm not a fan of climbing in and out of a dinette. They always sit kinda low and you have to sit and slide over....chairs are much easier and more comfortable.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I prefer the booth for our purposes. Most times it is just the two of us and find the booth more comfortable to stretch out in. If we needed seating for 4 most of the time the booth would feel cramped.

Our coach did come with two folding chairs and a table extension. This does give us more options. I also like the extra storage the booths allows.

Each coach can vary as far as space and comfort regardless of booth or dinette & chairs. We have been in some we liked of both and some we hated of both.

I would suggest testing out the specific coach you are looking for and figure out if it would work for you.

This is just our thing but with the booth when we sit we often have some things next to us on the cushion, computer, books, maps, etc. It is very convenient with the booth to have lots of space that allows things right next to us. Again, that is when it is only two of us.

Stuart
Old 05-19-2016, 10:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post
Still research for my first coach. There are 2 different styles of dining arrangement, dining table with chairs or dinette.

With the dining table, the chairs are removable but have to be tied down during transit while the dinette is fixed and have the seat belts for seating during transit.

Space wise, the dining table may yield a little room than space took with the dinette since the table can not be folded or slide in deep enough to gain more space. Granted, depending on the model, some dining table made look like for 4 persons, but in reality, it would only fit 2 "trimmed" persons. However, some floor plan on the large coach may have larger dinette set.

So, the question is: What do you have in your coach vs. what you do preferred and why?

Hope that I could learn from your experiences. I am aiming to see if I could choose my "Last Coach First".
We have a "Buffet" with a flip up table that extends for 5 - but we seldom use our coach for more than 2-4 so it is "Made" for us.

How will you use the coach - if you have a crowd - we have found that meals are usually served outside on the picnic table.

Define the use then decide on the table that works for YOU.

BOL,
Busskipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:22 AM   #10

We have the dinette/desk combination. It has more storage than a dinette as well as a place for the laptop and printer. It came with four chairs but sold the two folding ones. We are not formal people and when we have friends over for dinner it's sit around the salon to talk and eat.
The table and chair provides a little more space but gives the illusion of much more space. As far as tieing the chairs down it depends on the the chairs. Our one chair will tip over when applying the brakes hard so we use one of those giant twistees around on set of legs. That takes care of it.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post

we have the booth and find it way more comfortable ... most ly just the two us us...but in the event of sleep overs the booth make another bed,

our coach is small, but has it all...walk around rear bed room, split bath, large shower, booth dinette make into a bed , overhead front drop down bed

huge storage, side open storage doors ,
Old 05-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #12

Booth. We love it and the storage underneath. If my next MH doesn't have one, I'll either build one and have it covered, or buy an uncovered one outright. For us we can't imagine travelling without one. Hmmmm, I'm always the odd man out. Must be a reason!
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:08 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Table and chairs here in all three coaches we have owned. More room and flexibility. The phaeton is a credenza setup - excellent because it provides for lots of storage as well.

We secure the chairs for travel with a long flat bungee cord wrapped around them. Literally 10 seconds to loop around the chairs.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #14

I've had 3 booths and 1 table. We really prefer the booths for comfort.

69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote