Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #43

The guys with the vintage trailers that have buffed those aluminum panels to a shine also found out that that buffer and rouge will also completely clean all the glass.
7" Electronic Polisher
8 in. Spiral Cotton Buffing Wheel
1/4 Lb. Brown Polish Compound

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2015, 10:44 PM   #44

It is a 1999 MH.

You started by saying single pane, now it is the infamous double pane.

Many companies can refurbish or replace.

Don't know long you have owned a Class A, but likely you have not seen anything yet that you will encounter going forward with a vintage coach.

If you are truly "disgusted" and truly "disappointed"....sell it now...do not delay IMHO

Old 06-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #45

I purchased a superseal lit to repair dual pane fogging. Will try a window this summer
Old 06-09-2015, 07:08 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
I purchased a superseal lit to repair dual pane fogging. Will try a window this summer
Could you offer up more information on the kit ? Brand, price, where to purchase and any other info you have.

LSC9901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #47

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
See this thread RanCarr.

Water Stained Glass Remedy!!!

I could almost guaranty that this "Nothin's Better" stuff works!
I used it on salt water etching on my friends Jeep after trying a cornucopia of products. This stuff works! Yes it takes elbow grease but the end product, clear glass, is worth it.
I have used it and it worked great I used a buffer with it
Old 06-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #48

Wink Get-er-done

By the time you buy all these products, work your fingers to the bone, and not have a perfect clear windshield, it will be cheaper, quicker and better results to just buy a new windshield. ....
Old 06-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
By the time you buy all these products, work your fingers to the bone, and not have a perfect clear windshield, it will be cheaper, quicker and better results to just buy a new windshield. ....
I believe the issue is with the side windows.

LSC9901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:35 PM   #50

I'll do a write-up on the Superseal route. I'm in the process of selling house so very busy. FT is here!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #51

When I had waterspots all over my welding truck windows, I found the very finest steel wool I could n very lightly buffed them out by hand and they disappeared. It worked for me.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:39 AM   #52

Unhappy It gets worse....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishbleueye View Post
The guys with the vintage trailers that have buffed those aluminum panels to a shine also found out that that buffer and rouge will also completely clean all the glass.
7" Electronic Polisher
8 in. Spiral Cotton Buffing Wheel
1/4 Lb. Brown Polish Compound
I would be afraid to try something like that on glass and we don't have a Polisher or wheel. I hate to buy stuff to be used one time. I picked up the steel wool and other items and plan on starting on those windows this week. I also noticed the same white streaks are all over the RV near the roof and above the windshield. The guy finally called us back and said to use Vinegar to remove it but DH, as usual, wont ask questions and I wasn't here when he called. We still don't know what it is. And of course I already tried vinegar and it didn't work. DH didn't bother to tell the man that.

We took the coach down to Atlanta as you know and found we need to make some other changes too. Another money pit. The toilet wont hold water and now we need a part that's over $100. The toilet is so low it's like for a small child so we may replace the whole commode - over $200. We have to replace the jack knife sofa with a Futon - $150 because it's shot though looks good. The table is so wide there is hardly any space to slip into the dinette, and the table is too high. I'm almost 5' 7" and the table comes up to my chest/breasts - making eating or using the computer awkward and uncomfortable. The cushions flatten and are very uncomfortable. The entire dinette was designed for skinny preteens or adults under 130 lbs and 6' tall. I don't know what we can do about it. The passenger seat is truly horrible. Hard and uncomfortable after the first 45 mins or so. I'm going to try a seat cushion they use in beach chairs. The day-night accordion shades are very hard to raise and lower and nothing has made the windows slide easier or open further. We wont use them much as we both have arthritis in our hands. I had to buy fabric to make curtains so they can be easily slid aside - $30. We looked and the tires, with plenty of thread and no cracks, are 10 yrs old. God knows what they're going to cost to replace = $$$$$$$$$$$.

You don't know some of these things until you spend a few days living in the coach. The only things I did notice before we bought it was the unusually wide table and low commode. The Jack-knife looked fine until I sat on it awhile and then opened it and laid on it down in Atlanta.

I was perfectly happy with either the NorthTrail TT or the Class-C Dutchman for camping or snow-birding. We put months of work and thousands in to the Class-C and took quite a loss on it. The bed was wonderful and the seats cushy and comfortable. There was more storage space inside. We didn't get one nibble on the NorthTrail. Not one offer. It sits in the driveway losing value by the month. I don't know why he wanted a used Class-A. I can't get a rational answer from him. Our savings are going. This is just needless work and expense.

Sorry but I just had to vent.....
Old 06-14-2015, 04:51 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesspoling View Post
When I had waterspots all over my welding truck windows, I found the very finest steel wool I could n very lightly buffed them out by hand and they disappeared. It worked for me.
I hope they're only water spots because I wasn't home when the man called back to say use Vinegar. I already tried Vinegar and other products mentioned above and they didn't work, nor did Lime-Away. DH claims he "forgot" to ask him what the spots and streaks were. And THAT was the reason to contact him in the first place. Trust me on this, I am about the SCREAM and rip my hair out. I would do anything to have the old Class-C back.

I picked up the fine steel wool and a few things and hope to get back to those windows this week.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:56 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
The problem isn't the windsheild. That's clear. It's all the side windows. Only the ones at the rear in the bedroom don't have the spots and streaks. And now, as already mentioned, when looking closer, I saw the same streaks are all over the roof area above the windows.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:57 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
There is no fogging. It's all on the outside of the outer panes.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:04 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerBoater View Post
It is a 1999 MH.

You started by saying single pane, now it is the infamous double pane.
It's double panes. I was wrong at first, going by the tracks.

Quote:
Many companies can refurbish or replace.
It's not worth the cost. The crud is on the outside of the glass, not between the panes.

Quote:
Don't know long you have owned a Class A, but likely you have not seen anything yet that you will encounter going forward with a vintage coach.

If you are truly "disgusted" and truly "disappointed"....sell it now...do not delay IMHO
How do I get my husband to agree to that? I didn't want a Class-A, he did.