Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #29

never been there. what is it?

Claude H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #30
KIX

You guys that are not in favor of the OP taking legal action read post #21.......how much b.s. is the OP supposed to take, in your view, before he takes action? He says he bought a NEW coach, paid $400K and apparently the dealer and the factory want to give him a damaged and hopefully repaired one. He says he has been waiting for at least a month. A new coach can be built in a month! Are you saying that he needs to call the CEO of Entegra and report his dissatisfaction or just wring his hands until it passes?

KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by oem View Post
Yes it is at Entegra and yes Entegra's customer service is outstanding (We are on our forth coach,we have experience with customer services)that is not the issue.Issue is i bought brand new,problem was existing and Dixie RV made false promises just to make sale.How would you like to buy a new car,pay for it,drive it home and then take it back to factory 1,200 miles away and leave there for a month after you were promised by dealer that you would be getting new one?
I would not like that at all. Apparently this all resulted because, being a nice guy, you trusted the people at Dixie RV who said they would fix a problem you found..... and so you continued with the purchase of the unit because you had driven quite a distance to get there. As you have found, without their promises in writing, as a stipulation ON the purchase documents, then they probably "got cha". Since you have apparently taken the coach back to Entegra seeking repairs under warranty, I appears you have given up on forcing DRV to honor their promises. If so, I hope this is only after a lawyer has told you that without their promises in writing you have no chance of winning in court. Otherwise, you should be suing DRV to fulfill their promised obligations.

I'd like to know more about what you are being "promised" by Entegra. What are they saying needs to be done and how long do they expect you to wait for them to make this right? Yes, DRV sold it to you with their pack of lies....but ENTEGRA built it and provides the 2 year "bumper-to-bumper" warranty, not the dealer. ENTEGRA has spent lots of time and money building their reputation for quality and uncompromising customer service after the sale, so I'm somewhat amazed they have allowed your situation to get to this point.

I don't blame you for publically blasting DRV, but you're not the first buyer who fell for their ability to "tell you what you want to hear". Other irv2 members have posted similar reports about them. As you and others have found, if it isn't in writing it doesn't happen once you hand over the money / sign the agreements. I've been there many times...it looks good and they have inventory, but I've always walked away with a bad feeling about how they "operate". With stories like yours being reported in the forums, I gotta wonder how they remain a dealer for quality companies like Tiffin and Entegra....I'm pretty sure Newmar is no longer sold there.

Good luck getting satisfactory and speedy repairs at Entegra.
Ed
Old 12-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #32

Dixie RV

Their are usually better solutions to life's problems than call an attorney.
Ron D
Old 12-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelcamp View Post
Ron D
I would like to agree with you, but since you didn't suggest any "better solutions" apparently there are none for this situation.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelcamp View Post
Ron D
The key word there is definitely "usually". Sometimes when normal means fail and you are faced with an unscrupulous person or business unfortunately you need to call one of those lawyers. It sucks when it comes to that but often there isn't much else to do. Even then, if nothing is in writing, the guy is kinda screwed.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #35
oem

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I would not like that at all. Apparently this all resulted because, being a nice guy, you trusted the people at Dixie RV who said they would fix a problem you found..... and so you continued with the purchase of the unit because you had driven quite a distance to get there. As you have found, without their promises in writing, as a stipulation ON the purchase documents, then they probably "got cha". Since you have apparently taken the coach back to Entegra seeking repairs under warranty, I appears you have given up on forcing DRV to honor their promises. If so, I hope this is only after a lawyer has told you that without their promises in writing you have no chance of winning in court. Otherwise, you should be suing DRV to fulfill their promised obligations.

I'd like to know more about what you are being "promised" by Entegra. What are they saying needs to be done and how long do they expect you to wait for them to make this right? Yes, DRV sold it to you with their pack of lies....but ENTEGRA built it and provides the 2 year "bumper-to-bumper" warranty, not the dealer. ENTEGRA has spent lots of time and money building their reputation for quality and uncompromising customer service after the sale, so I'm somewhat amazed they have allowed your situation to get to this point.

I don't blame you for publically blasting DRV, but you're not the first buyer who fell for their ability to "tell you what you want to hear". Other irv2 members have posted similar reports about them. As you and others have found, if it isn't in writing it doesn't happen once you hand over the money / sign the agreements. I've been there many times...it looks good and they have inventory, but I've always walked away with a bad feeling about how they "operate". With stories like yours being reported in the forums, I gotta wonder how they remain a dealer for quality companies like Tiffin and Entegra....I'm pretty sure Newmar is no longer sold there.

Good luck getting satisfactory and speedy repairs at Entegra.
Ed
Thanks for yours Ed,Yes Entegra has the best customer support of all the makes of Motorhomes that we have owned and yes they are correcting all the problems at the Factory,the issue is coach was purchased new two months
ago and i will not have it back until next year.The folks at Dixie RV are blatant lairs,they made false promises and turned their back as soon as the unit left parking lot,hell there was even a wiper recall that i asked if it was done prior to picking it up and was told was done when in fact it wasn't!!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #36

Unfortunately, this happens more often than we realize. The dealer could have done a much better job of working with the owner and factory in getting this resolved. We have done business for a number of years with Dixie and have been well pleased with their sales and service. I believe that their sales staff has a high turnover and I do not expect my sales to be much help, as he just will not be there next year when we pass through Hammond. Probably the same for the service department. I bought a Dutch Star from them a couple,of years ago, and it doubt if they will be much help if I need to work with the factory, as they no longer sell Newmar products. I would still not hesitate to use them, as their service dept. is well qualified, but the mid-level management is useless, as with most very large dealerships, because of the high personnel turnover. I wonder if this is pretty normal for the large dealerships?
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #37

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by oem View Post
Thanks for yours Ed,Yes Entegra has the best customer support of all the makes of Motorhomes that we have owned and yes they are correcting all the problems at the Factory,the issue is coach was purchased new two months
ago and i will not have it back until next year.The folks at Dixie RV are blatant lairs,......
OEM: Yes, we get it....Dixie RV told you a pack of lies and you believed them, so you completed the purchase even though you found some problems with the coach.

But what I don't understand now is what is so wrong with the coach that it is taking the factory MONTHS to make it right? You posted about a roof leak, and now have mentioned the wiper recall, but I'd think those type issues don't take months to fix. Seems like something else is going on.....
Ed
Old 12-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #38

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vraines View Post
Unfortunately, this happens more often than we realize. The dealer could have done a much better job of working with the owner and factory in getting this resolved. We have done business for a number of years with Dixie and have been well pleased with their sales and service. I believe that their sales staff has a high turnover and I do not expect my sales to be much help, as he just will not be there next year when we pass through Hammond. Probably the same for the service department. I bought a Dutch Star from them a couple,of years ago, and it doubt if they will be much help if I need to work with the factory, as they no longer sell Newmar products. I would still not hesitate to use them, as their service dept. is well qualified, but the mid-level management is useless, as with most very large dealerships, because of the high personnel turnover. I wonder if this is pretty normal for the large dealerships?
I'm happy for you, but you are the first I've ever seen to make THOSE comments about DRV.......and don't get me started about the CW service that shares the same facility as the DRV service guys.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #39

We bought our 2007 expedition at DRV a little over a year ago and also did not have a very pleasant buying experience.
Gave them approximately one week from the time we purchased the coach until delivery ....... Would think that would be plenty of time for them to have plugged up and made sure everything was in working order. But no, we got there and found out there was about 10 things they had to repair so we were stuck there with 8 to 10 hours of waiting.
There was a couple of things they could not fix, had to order parts, so we had to go back about two weeks later and wait another eight hours while they repaired those items.
All of that time and aggravation could have been avoided if they had just plugged it up before we were actually there to take delivery.
mmorgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #40

Oh, I forgot to mention the most aggravating thing, the salesman promised my wife to replace one of the day/hight shades. He said he could get it cheaper as he had a good source.
Weeks and weeks and weeks and then months went by and no shade. I called him numerous times, we text messaged numerous times, he even went so far to say he had it at his house. Before that he even told me they shipped it to the wrong address and it was returned.
I finally called the sales manager and explained I was still waiting for my shade. He told me he would order it from Fleetwood. He never called me back.
Well, you guessed it, I never got the shade. Finally ordered it myself from Fleetwood.
I won't say the salesman's name, but his initials are Clay Kruse.

Needless to say, I will never buy another coach from Dixie.
mmorgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #41

$400,000 and it leaks! YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE PISSED OFF !!! i hope it works out for you good luck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
trampsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've read this thread through twice. IMO, there's a lot of information missing here. Like most contentious issues, I'm sure there are at least three sides to it.

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote