Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #43

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I've read this thread through twice. IMO, there's a lot of information missing here. Like most contentious issues, I'm sure there are at least three sides to it.
Agree. But it isn't for lack of asking for a better description of what all is wrong.........

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #44
oem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorgan View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention the most aggravating thing, the salesman promised my wife to replace one of the day/hight shades. He said he could get it cheaper as he had a good source.
Weeks and weeks and weeks and then months went by and no shade. I called him numerous times, we text messaged numerous times, he even went so far to say he had it at his house. Before that he even told me they shipped it to the wrong address and it was returned.
I finally called the sales manager and explained I was still waiting for my shade. He told me he would order it from Fleetwood. He never called me back.
Well, you guessed it, I never got the shade. Finally ordered it myself from Fleetwood.
I won't say the salesman's name, but his initials are Clay Kruse.

Needless to say, I will never buy another coach from Dixie.
You were bamboozled by the fine folks at Dixie too,funny how it follows the same pattern
!!!!!!!

Old 12-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #45
oem

Quote:
I've read this thread through twice. IMO, there's a lot of information missing here. Like most contentious issues, I'm sure there are at least three sides to it.
John,what more information would you like? Lets see,the "Luxury" bus was purchased in November,several issues at delivery,salesman told us would be exchanged for new one,Its Christmas,no new bus exchange and bus in Factory for past three weeks for repairs and told will not get back till January.(adding additional 2,400 miles)
What is it that you possibly don't understand?perhaps i can expand!
But please tell me if it was you would you be a happy camper?????????????
Remember the key words "BOUGHT NEW"
Old 12-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #46

Personally, I appreciate this post. I've read it through and agree that there are always two sides to each story. But, you can bet I'll never spend money with Dixie and I live in their state. If it were me I'd be jumping up and down and .... Well, hope it works out for you.
barryb
Old 12-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oem View Post
What is it that you possibly don't understand?perhaps i can expand!
But please tell me if it was you would you be a happy camper?????????????
Remember the key words "BOUGHT NEW"
Yes, key words "BOUGHT NEW". What I don't understand is how you got into this fix. I don't understand how you could have accepted delivery of a brand new coach with water leaking in the ceiling. I don't understand how you could hand over $400K with only verbal assurances FROM A SALESMAN that major flaws would be corrected. And I don't understand how you could not have an attorney involved by this point to cudgel these people into action, or get your money back.

Would I be a happy camper? Trick question. There is no way on God's green earth that I would be where you are.

Safe travels......
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #48
oem

Quote:
Yes, key words "BOUGHT NEW". What I don't understand is how you got into this fix. I don't understand how you could have accepted delivery of a brand new coach with water leaking in the ceiling. I don't understand how you could hand over $400K with only verbal assurances FROM A SALESMAN that major flaws would be corrected. And I don't understand how you could not have an attorney involved by this point to cudgel these people into action, or get your money back.

Would I be a happy camper? Trick question. There is no way on God's green earth that I would be where you are.

Safe travels......
OK,John to expand,when i received delivery it was not raining so the water was not coming in at the time,there was only minor evidence of water damage to ceiling fixture and we couldn't wait at dealer for parts to be replaced and several other smaller issues,also had driven trade 700+ miles to get it there .Two days later the water started coming in after it rained.I contacted the dealer and asked for deal to be cancelled.The dealer then promised via e-mails that the bus would be exchanged,instead its at factory being repaired and i have NO BUS at this time.Yes Attorney is in play and negotiations have been made with Factory.
The point is Dixie RV are a bunch of blatant Liars,there was even a wiper recall that happened way prior to our delivery that i was told had been taken care off and it was not done.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #49

IMHO, We as buyers of these very expensive RV's need to insure that We are protecting ourselves from the very beginning. If we allow a dealer to tell us these things will be taken care of then it is our responcebility to have them taken care of "BEFORE" we sign any papers or pay any monies up front. PERIOD ! ! !
I would never accept any salesmans letter of guarentee or the dealers letter that these issues would be corrected, EVER ! ! !
Given a time line to correct them or buh bye ! pretty simple and a lot less frustrating. No S B Lawyers needed !
Went throught Hurricane Charley and saw hundreds of home owners scamed from contractors that wanted money UP FRONT then never got the job completed .
I cannot fathom ever paying for anything I did not get and that was not correct when delivered.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #50

There is always someone ready to blame the person who got screwed over for "allowing" themselves to get screwed over....
Old 12-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #51

Freightliner Owners Club
I feel for the OP. Not surprisingly, he apparently is getting the old run-around after money has changed hands. In my working life I was a construction lender. All my general contractors including self builders got to hear my speech on how construction draws worked. Very Important...do the work...an inspection takes place...a draw is paid. A draw will never happen if it is not done in that order....PERIOD!! It works in every day life as well. A scam grows from a seed that is planted when money is paid up front before any work is started. I know this doesn't help the OP now. But as buyers we have the leverage....because we have the money! Use it to your advantage and don't hand it over until you've inspected and are satisfied with the deal. Be always aware that when you hand your money over......you've lost your leverage.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #52

I purchased an RV from Dixie..but have tried there service and it is horrible...I just go to Red Bay for Tiffin service. It is kind of a PITA but things get done right.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #53

Seems as though there's a pattern here. My friend bought a 2012 Newmar product from them...NEW! After going to the factory, he was told his coach had been repaired after someone backed it into another coach on DRV's lot. So he found out Dixie had repaired it and sold it to him as a new product. My understanding is Newmar dropped them, perhaps over this and the ensuing legal battle. After reading all the issues others have had, not much question in my mind who I'd never deal with.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #54

Newmar went to Berryland campers down the road. The Entegra area is packed with coaches. I've been there twice to look but got the bad vibes each time from the units themselves. As I said. One of them had water pouring in by the entry door. It wasn't raining thought it had earlier that week. I was frightened by it,
Old 04-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #55

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ie2special View Post
Newmar went to Berryland campers down the road. The Entegra area is packed with coaches. I've been there twice to look but got the bad vibes each time from the units themselves. As I said. One of them had water pouring in by the entry door. It wasn't raining thought it had earlier that week. I was frightened by it,
Are you saying that Dixie RV in Hammond, LA has a large inventory of Entegra coaches? I thought they were scarce, with a long waiting list. Ed
Old 04-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #56

Tons, there were over a dozen last time I was there last month. Only anthem and aspire. The salesperson said they do not order cornerstones...