Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
oem
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Weston
Posts: 12
Dixie RV Experience

Purchased a brand new luxury coach from Dixie RV in Hammond Louisiana in November , when we went to pick up this brand new coach it had water damage in the interior ceiling.Was told not to worry it would taken care of or would be given new coach.Took delivery,paid and two mo later no new coach and damaged coach in factory for a month.What a mistake.Will never go there again.Buyers beware all Dixie cares about is the sale not the customer!
__________________

__________________
oem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
pagosajoe's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southwest
Posts: 1,548
Hopefully you had that agreement in writing?
__________________

__________________
Joe and Debbie, Emma the Aussie Cattle Dog who adopted us
2012 Discovery 36J, Blue Ox and Air Force One, 2010 GMC Acadia Toad
USAF (Ret) WDM http://wd0m.com
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
BFlinn181's Avatar
 
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 16,225


Sorry to hear about your issues. Did you get the promise of a new coach in writing? If a new coach was damaged, why did you take delivery? I think I would have stopped the transaction and refused the coach. Have you contacted the manufacturer? While I'm not a fan of most dealers, I also don't believe in publicly flaming them. Have you talked to your bank or loan company to let them know the coach was probably never worth the sale price since it was damaged? I think we all would like to hear more details.
__________________

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Jimooo's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Amite, La.
Posts: 289
Hello we bought our MH from Dixie RV in Hammond La. everything went good as far as the sale but I think that the service department needs improvement our salesman was Aaron he was pleasant to deal with.

You should have factory the warranty just make sure that there is not any mold or mildew growing in carpet,walls or ceiling and get that in writing in case of future problems.

Good Luck And Safe Travels,

James
__________________
Jimooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Capn_Dave's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Green Cove Springs Fl
Posts: 220
He did say the coach is back at the factory. I would contact the factory and get an update on the unit. At this point it is out of the dealers hands except for them to put some pressure on the factory.
__________________
Capn_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Claude H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 10
Dixie RV=BAD People

My experience..... Well here we go I give them a deposit on a new Entegra 2014 RBQ and want to take delivery 3 weeks later. Several times during that I called to find out how they were doing. I actually called managers to please make sure this will be a great experience for my family. We left south Florida with our trade in. one day before the delivery. They call when I was a few hours away to tell me there was a small problem with the Paint........ When we arrived they had us wait a hour while they worked on the lie they were going to tell us. Finally they showed the unit to us. Front,rear and both sides were masked off for painting. Dent on the driver window pane. So they offer us a different model and a different model. They must be blind or forest gump type.

Sales manger and sales guy need religion or medical help.

They are all blind or do not care about the customer or there reputation.....

So I was spending over 300k and drive 900 miles 3 weeks later. Please.... Owner should be ashamed of him self. I own a business and I would return a call if My staff did this.

Other than that they were great.

I called Motor Home Specialist in Texas the following day. They had the unit worked all day to get it ready that evening they waited one hour after they closed for me to arrive and see the unit and spend the night in there place. 3 k less then dixie rv and they were perfect in every way.

So I would go west for a piece of mind and honest people..
__________________
Rolling a big
2014 Entegra Anthem RBQ
2014 Grand Cherokee 4x4
Claude H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Claude H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 10
what did you buy

Did you buy a entegra? When did they deliver? This could be the unit they tried on me...????
__________________
Rolling a big
2014 Entegra Anthem RBQ
2014 Grand Cherokee 4x4
Claude H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
HHg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 413
I bought my Phaeton from them......the "pre-sale" support was great, but once I drove off.....I could never get through to anyone. I will say....they made the deal I wanted. I had negotiated with at least 10 different dealers, and it came down to Lazy Days in Florida and Dixie in Louisiana. I went with Dixie because they were much closer to me.

Hhg
__________________
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
oem
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Weston
Posts: 12
Yes i should have but we had just driven our trade 700 miles and was told new one was perfect,assurances that it would be handled,man was sent to coach destination to fix,after he left the water was still coming in coach along with numerous other issues ,i was then told was getting new coach and it was all lies.
__________________
oem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
oem
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Weston
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post


Sorry to hear about your issues. Did you get the promise of a new coach in writing? If a new coach was damaged, why did you take delivery? I think I would have stopped the transaction and refused the coach. Have you contacted the manufacturer? While I'm not a fan of most dealers, I also don't believe in publicly flaming them. Have you talked to your bank or loan company to let them know the coach was probably never worth the sale price since it was damaged? I think we all would like to hear more details.
The Bank could care less,they are holding note not warranty,yes i should not have taken but we had driven our trade over 700 miles and were given assurances of repair and after repair problem was the same and were told would be given new unit for three weeks only to lead us along.This is a $400,000 coach purchased new and after first repairs its now at the factory 1200 miles away during holiday season.Think i have the rite to be pissed?
__________________
oem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
oem
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Weston
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude H View Post
My experience..... Well here we go I give them a deposit on a new Entegra 2014 RBQ and want to take delivery 3 weeks later. Several times during that I called to find out how they were doing. I actually called managers to please make sure this will be a great experience for my family. We left south Florida with our trade in. one day before the delivery. They call when I was a few hours away to tell me there was a small problem with the Paint........ When we arrived they had us wait a hour while they worked on the lie they were going to tell us. Finally they showed the unit to us. Front,rear and both sides were masked off for painting. Dent on the driver window pane. So they offer us a different model and a different model. They must be blind or forest gump type.

Sales manger and sales guy need religion or medical help.

They are all blind or do not care about the customer or there reputation.....

So I was spending over 300k and drive 900 miles 3 weeks later. Please.... Owner should be ashamed of him self. I own a business and I would return a call if My staff did this.

Other than that they were great.

I called Motor Home Specialist in Texas the following day. They had the unit worked all day to get it ready that evening they waited one hour after they closed for me to arrive and see the unit and spend the night in there place. 3 k less then dixie rv and they were perfect in every way.

So I would go west for a piece of mind and honest people..
Wow i cant believe you have almost the EXACT experience we had!!!!
__________________
oem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by oem View Post
Wow i cant believe you have almost the EXACT experience we had!!!!
If they treated you that bad, probably not that surprising.
__________________
1998 Bounder 36s V10 F53
ohhwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
edgray's Avatar


 
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 7,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by oem View Post
The Bank could care less,they are holding note not warranty,yes i should not have taken but we had driven our trade over 700 miles and were given assurances of repair and after repair problem was the same and were told would be given new unit for three weeks only to lead us along.This is a $400,000 coach purchased new and after first repairs its now at the factory 1200 miles away during holiday season.Think i have the rite to be pissed?
I understand how you feel, but that won't help you get satisfaction. From the picture in your profile, I'm ASSUMING you bought an Entegra at DRV.

Do you KNOW for a fact it has been returned to the factory? All we read in the Entegra forum here in the Jayco section of iRV2 is how wonderful their CS is and that owners are treated very well. If you haven't already, take a look at the Entegra forum and get in touch with "Joyce" at CS in Middlebury. Frankly, if it IS there, I'm surprised you have not already been contacted
by Entegra.
If it isn't an Entegra, please tell us what you bought.

I'm sure others here want to know more about how this gets resolved.
Ed
__________________
2016 EC Aspire 42RBQ / 2014 CR-V
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
KIX
Senior Member
 
KIX's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 3,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by oem View Post
The Bank could care less,they are holding note not warranty,yes i should not have taken but we had driven our trade over 700 miles and were given assurances of repair and after repair problem was the same and were told would be given new unit for three weeks only to lead us along.This is a $400,000 coach purchased new and after first repairs its now at the factory 1200 miles away during holiday season.Think i have the rite to be pissed?
I think you have the right to an attorney. If I was in your shoes I would be exercising that right.
__________________

__________________
KIX
'02 Ultimate Advantage 40J Spartan MM - Cummins ISC
2013 Jeep Rubicon JK Unlimited
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.