Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
NO !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobilist View Post
You can either pay many thousands for "full body paint", or you can simply take better care of your coach. The vinyl graphics on my 2002 Journey are just like new. No fading or alligator skin cracking.

Simply garage or cover your coach. Those who let them bake in the sun will have problems.
You are probably right. However, I have a problem because my cover is not wide enough when I am parked in the CG with the slides out AND it kind of ruins the sunlight effect of the windows. Just sayin,

Old 02-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
You are probably right. However, I have a problem because my cover is not wide enough when I am parked in the CG with the slides out AND it kind of ruins the sunlight effect of the windows. Just sayin,
X 2. Kinda hard to cover or garage it when you are living in it.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #18

The Devil made me say it.........
Old 02-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #19

Hey, why not plan a trip down to the Mexican boarder. You'll get to see the scenery on the way down and get a great paint job by a Mexican pro. Lot's of them in small towns just across the boarder from US towns. My favorite team is in Mazatlan. I'm going back in week or two to have a damaged area redone.

Before picture (but after they'd already removed the vinyl stripping:

After picture:

All for $775USD.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #20

Quote:

Sure. But the overwhelming majority of folks don't live in their RV's. They are typically parked most of the time. Guess you're home is going to need a paint job, kinda like folks who live in houses...
Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobilist View Post
Sure. But the overwhelming majority of folks don't live in their RV's. They are typically parked most of the time. Guess you're home is going to need a paint job, kinda like folks who live in houses...
My house has aluminum siding. Zero maintenance. MH has clear coat. Zero maintenance. (except for the odd wax)
But, I like HiTec's solution. Last time I had my rig waxed was in a CG in Rockport, TX by a young Mexican fella that did the job in two days. If it ever needs paint, that's the direction I would head. I am a firm believer that everyone has to make a living and old guys should not climb ladders.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Hey, why not plan a trip down to the Mexican boarder. You'll get to see the scenery on the way down and get a great paint job by a Mexican pro. Lot's of them in small towns just across the boarder from US towns. My favorite team is in Mazatlan. I'm going back in week or two to have a damaged area redone.

After picture:

All for $775USD.
Wow! All that for $775? That doesn't even begin to pay for materials here.
Are the stripes painted now?
BigTonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #23

Most of the decals can be removed with steam avoiding the huge charge from a contractor. New decals are available at most any rv salvage yard
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #24

Decals or Tires, taking care of them makes them last longer but somewhere along the way you'll have to replace them. Even quicker if your out in Mr Sun's view daily.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
Decals or Tires, taking care of them makes them last longer but somewhere along the way you'll have to replace them. Even quicker if your out in Mr Sun's view daily.
after surviving a front tire blowout on my tractor trailer I am a stickler for tire care and maintenance. I do a walk around and tire thump all my vehicles before entering them all the time. I even bought a tire pressure monitoring system as an added precaution, but even so, I visually inspect for uneven wear and deformities and all vehicles get their tires rotated every 6000 miles no excuses.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My decals are fine, no cracking and at ten years they have a minor bit of fading which I suppose is to be expected. I meticulously avoided waxing them as indicated in the manual; even when I paid to have it waxed I explained not to do the decals then I watched. It irritates them.

Also I do cover my coach in storage. The past two years I have put protectant 303 on them and it seems to be rejuvinating them (if that is possible).

And I secretly wish that full paint was an option when I bought the coach, if so I would have it for sure.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek

After picture:

All for $775USD.
Holy guacamole! Pass the Tecate.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
My house has aluminum siding. Zero maintenance. MH has clear coat. Zero maintenance. (except for the odd wax)
But, I like HiTec's solution. Last time I had my rig waxed was in a CG in Rockport, TX by a young Mexican fella that did the job in two days. If it ever needs paint, that's the direction I would head. I am a firm believer that everyone has to make a living and old guys should not climb ladders.
I totally agree about old guys on ladders. I used to hop around all over everything but not anymore. Not comfortable for me anymore. I still go on the roof but I use my real ladder not the wannabe ladder on the back of my MH. Just a thought.

2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote