Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #1

Do any of you stay in hotels or motels when traveling?

I am taking my motorhome to Florida from Mine to sell. I am thinking about staying in motels on the way down. Want to keep the rig as clean as possible to sell.

Are there any motel chains that have parking space for trucks and rv's?

Thanks.

Steve

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Once I booked a room just to be allowed to park my MH in their parking lot, stayed in the MH.

I know that is extreme but I had to attend a 2 day meeting in Chicago and there were no CGs anywhere near the meeting venue.

For me it's all about my sheets, my shower, my refrigerator, etc... I know who was there last.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Live in the MH on the way down and use the motel money to pay for a cleaning service when you get there. I agree with Dennis, I would hate to stay in a hotel when my personal space is parked right outside.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #4

Your MH is more then likely better then most motels! Stay in your MH and clean it before you are ready to turn it over to the new owners.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have not stayed in a motel or hotel, or flown in an airplane, for the 6 years that I have owned my RV. Not only that.....I don't plan to either!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Once I booked a room just to be allowed to park my MH in their parking lot, stayed in the MH.

I know that is extreme but I had to attend a 2 day meeting in Chicago and there were no CGs anywhere near the meeting venue.

For me it's all about my sheets, my shower, my refrigerator, etc... I know who was there last.
Enough said and I totally agree.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Only when I can't find a place to camp! It does happen for our family (travel for kids' sports) but we try hard to use the coach.. that was a driving force for us purchasing it!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are motels that have truck parking, usually a lot in the back. More often some of the lower cost venues - such as Days Inn, etc.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #9

I appreciate all the comments. I am still thinking of staying in a hotel on the way down. Any chain suggestions? Do some of the truck stops have motels attached?

Steve
Old 09-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #10

Rexhall Owners Group
The Comfort Inn chain has some motels with hookups attached. I have never been able to find these on line but have seen them along I95. Possibly try calling their reservation number for help.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Live in the MH on the way down and use the motel money to pay for a cleaning service when you get there. I agree with Dennis, I would hate to stay in a hotel when my personal space is parked right outside.
Absolutely! No brainer!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #12

I would first check satellite view for parking, then call ahead to verify there is plenty of room etc. also try to get there early, there are others with same idea.

Also good idea to have an alternate in case parking an issue. This is usually why my planning takes longer than the trip.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #13

We stay in motels on our way down to Florida from Michigan during winter time. We stay at Comfort Inn since they seem to have parking for MH and trucks. If you look up Comfort Inn on the web, you will see info that will list bus/truck/mh parking.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #14

Walmart

We frequent Walmarts. It is not free, once we arrvie i'm always told we need to stretch our legs, might as well walk through the store she says!

L.