Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
And... another thing I forgot to mention about the BatteryMinder® 12248; it can charge up to 6 batteries at a time. And, no, I don't work for them, I just know a good product.

2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Ranger Bob...you are getting lots of advice, much of which, although given with good intentions, is not applicable to your coach. You have a nice 2012 rig, you should be able to plug it in and leave it alone...that's what I do. However, to be sure you have all the bases covered call Tiffin and get the correct information from the correct source.

2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
to set the record straight...i own a 1993 airstream 36' land yacht with a brand new Parralax converter installed five months ago. most of you with your 2004 plus Tiffins or whatever just cant understand how good these things really are. My unit was built in a time when making people happy with their purchase was number one. Yours are built in the interest of simply making payroll one more week. One of the few products I know of in which older is better is motorhomes. Just ask Fleetwood, Country Coach, Monaco or Harney what it is really all about. I bought perfect. You bought built-in problems due to cost cutting. I'll blow the horn when I pass you on the road waiting for road srvice.
buki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #18

Sadly, there is much truth in what you say. Probably the only thing that will change the "General Motors Mentality" in the RV industry is if the Japanese start getting into the market.
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #19
Originally Posted by Ranger Bob View Post
I just picked up my 2012 Phaeton 40 QTH and will store it in a fully enclosed unheated/uncooled garage
with 30 amp power available. How do I keep the house batteries charged and in good shape. Do I just plug it in and let it be. I am a new rv person and need help please.
Thanks in advance.
We are full-timers. Our coach is plugged in 24/7 except when we are on the road. The 3-stage charger on our inverter (Tripp Lite) does not cook the batteries.

Check the water level in the batteries, plug the coach in and it should be fine. You may want to check the water level in the batteries once or twice during the winter just as a precaution.

Our on-board charger does not charge the chassis battery, so I use a BatteryMinder on it any time we stop for more than a month or so, such as when we stay in Florida for 3 months for the winter.
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 AM   #20
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post

Sadly, there is much truth in what you say. Probably the only thing that will change the "General Motors Mentality" in the RV industry is if the Japanese start getting into the market.
Bluepill, Right on..
Don and Maxine McQueen
1996 Damon Intruder
F53 Chassis 33 ft
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
Very TRUE Bluepill......
Sanford, Linda & R cats: Molly, Levi, Cody
2011 Monaco by Navistar RV
Good Sam Life Member Good Sam Hams Chapter
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #22
Tiffin Owners Club
My 07 Phaeton was the first year Tiffin starting putting Battery Minders in as standard equip. You should confirm you have one. The inverter handles the house, and the BM takes care of the chassis. Check the water levels if you're comfortable remembering. Otherwise, get a Pro-Fill system with the squeeze pump:
Pro-Fill RV Edition Dual 6-Volt Battery Watering System
then a few pumps tops it off without overfilling.
2007 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH w/MBE926
Park City, UT
FineProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #23
Originally Posted by Dunner
And... another thing I forgot to mention about the BatteryMinder® 12248; it can charge up to 6 batteries at a time. And, no, I don't work for them, I just know a good product.
The only problem with charging all at once is that if one goes bad you will not know which one is the bad one.

FaZzeledSue is offline   Reply With Quote