Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #29
Yes, MH's do get pulled over. Just let my wife drive through a red light with a local motorcycle cop waiting at the side street. OOPS! Sorry for throwing you under the bus, Baby!
And if a 400lb fiberglass sheathed crotch rocket can trip a radar gun, so can a MH.

Panbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2008, 06:14 AM   #30
I use an advanced radar unit that will give an accurate reading off a bicycle rider at some distance. The modern radar guns are "instant" on, so a detector can't see them until we get a speed measurement. So that I can say in court that I was measuring the vehicle that I claim, I generally will target vehicles in the lead of a group or with enough separation between them that I am assured of an accurate measurement.

The unit we are issued is battery powered so we can use it away from the vehicle and then radio a partner vehicle to make the stop. I don't even bother stopping a vehicle to make contact (check ID, insurance, warrants) unless the vehicle is 15+ mph over posted. In Arizona 20+ mph over posted is criminal, so I focus on these.

7 championship show dogs www.bauhauskennels.com
04 Winnie Vectra 40AD / 05 Jeep Rubicon TOAD / 03 BMW R1150RT
Wicked Whippets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #31
It is all about training. But training seems to take the back burner in many jurisdictions. The intent was not to take policing powers away, but to make better police officers.

And the constitution, well if you are within a hundred miles of any international border, it does not apply anymore.

And the best policy out there is "yes sir" or "no sir", and respect!
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:55 AM   #32
Of course, they are going to be pulled over just like any other vehicle on the trafficway that commits any violation. Also depends on how the cop feels that day. Some cops like to write tickets and write as many as they see. Others might need a real serious violation to get out of the car.
We in motorhomes are like everyone else on the road.

2007 CC Allure 470
76dc is offline   Reply With Quote