Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I have used an ADCO cover for 3 years. I had a 38 ft. Monaco and now a 40 ft. H.R. The only really good cover is an enclosed garage but I don't have one yet. I like the way it keeps the coach clean and don't have the streaks down the sides. The cover is a pain to take off and put on, but that takes less time to do than washing it.(20 min. to take it off and 30 min. to put it on with no help). The biggest trouble I have is in the winter (here in the Northwest) when I need to take it off, It takes 2 dry days to dry it out enough to store. I bought an extra big plastic garbage can with wheels, (at least 65 gal) when you take it off you need to pack it in, then just pull it up and out when putting it on. I'm 63 yrs. young now and don't think I'll want to do this too many more years.
Make the choice thats right for you!
John G.
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
We had a tyvek cover here in the northwest and water still soaked through and got staining that we had to clean. My in-laws had a 5th wheel parked outside for 8 years, it developed several leaks and was pretty much for scrap value as a result when it was sold later for less than 10% of what they paid for new 8 years earlier.

With our 2001 class C we recently purchased, I swallowed what I see as a cost of ownership and started renting covered storage. Keeps it out of the rain during much of the year where ducks could drown in the streets and keeps it in the shade in the summer.

The immediate benefit is that it stays pretty clean, I can start and inspect it regularly and we can take it on trips at short notice. No worries of leaks.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #17

I started another post about this but I am gonna jump in anyway cause at least it is being discussed. I live in the Sacramento area and I park on my property so I don't have to pay for storage. I used to have an H.R. 34' foot that I put a cover on, it was a pain to do so but not too bad. I now have a 93 Navigator 38' but it has no ladder like the last one had, I just had her painted full body last year and was thinking to try the cover deal again but am hesitant because I would have to use a regular ladder and that seems a bit scary to me trying to haul up a bulky cover. If I had a factory ladder I may have went for it but kinda doubt it. I really only have to deal with the streaks so I suppose it's a lot more wiping down.

The other issue is the darn wind around here right now I think it would probably just get torn up.
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #18

This is my second MH the first I didn't cover and it lost it shine. This one I keep covered and don't have to worry about cleaning it every time I get in it. Also tire covers are important.
kimwms58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
I cover mine for two months in the winter. I have no idea if it does anything, but I figure it can't hurt. Wind is not normally an issue during those two months.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee950 View Post
Covered storage for me. Sitting outside in the Texas sun cant be good when its 110 in the shade.
Same here, no cover, but covered storage. It's out of the sun, rain, snow, ice, etc...well worth the cost.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote