Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkerb View Post
inside,,,,use electric fry pan for breakfast, have a wolfgang puck pressurized oven for roasting, baking , toast, broiling, and warming....
We have one of those as well. They are great machines. We use ours outside though.
Rob

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2016, 08:23 PM   #16

Breakfast is usually inside. The other meals, at least the main courses, are prepared more outside. But even when using the grill, there are always side dishes that are heated in the microwave or cooked on top of the stove inside.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:32 PM   #17

We almost always cook inside where we have everything. We just purchased a one burner portable induction cooktop and use that most of the time. We have a Instant Pot electric pressure cooker at home and just love it. It would be a great cooker for on the road.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:56 PM   #18

When traveling we usually cook inside. Once we get one place for a while, I grill outside a lot while DW does side dishes inside. Leftovers are great too.
BillL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:07 PM   #19

Inside unless we're grilling! As mentioned before, that's where all the spices, utensils, etc are, almost as if it were a real kitchen! Oh, wait, it IS a real kitchen, why not USE it?
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Unless I'm grilling , usually inside. Air conditions, no bugs , all my utincils & ingredients are right there etc . I just find it easier .
Agree. That's why we cooked and ate inside, except for grilling. Being full-timers it was our home so it just seemed natural to us. We don't like hauling everything outside and back inside.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:57 PM   #21

Location: 2004 Country Coach Sienna, 4 slides. Full timer and drifting continually
Mostly inside but if I fry, cook bacon, fish or fry tortillas into chips, I put the electric pan outside.

Sidenote;
I've been wanting (procrastinating) to install a sidewall vent cover behind the stove fan to send the air outside. Right now the fan just blows it back into the room.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:48 PM   #22

Exclusively outside. Had a travel trailer for 15 years, never even lit the stove...we've had the class a for 3 years and haven't cooked anything inside. Under the awning or EZ Up depending on weather...
Old 10-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadder View Post
We yanked our outside TV as soon as we got the bus home from the dealer. I installed a sound bar, and shelves to hold all of the cooking stuff that we usually use. Then I ran a quick connect to the passenger side for propane, to connect to the BBQ and portable fire pit.

So yes, we do almost all of our cooking outside.

Rob

To answer your question...most cooking is done inside of the coach. I do love to grill outside.

I also have a Ventana. Do you have a pic on where you mounted the LP quick connect? I was thinking that the only place that is vented is back on the door side where the chassis batteries are placed. But that is close to the engine and exhaust.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:15 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Inside. Where the microwave is located. (-:
Us too! There also seem to be fewer biting insects in there.

Steve
Old 10-18-2016, 05:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkerb View Post
inside,,,,use electric fry pan for breakfast, have a wolfgang puck pressurized oven for roasting, baking , toast, broiling, and warming....
D you know what the wattage pull is on these units?
marjoa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:09 AM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We usually cook inside depending on the weather and how long we intend to remain at a particular park. I will use park provided charcoal pits if available, other wise I have a couple of electric grills that I use outside. I turn on some music and grill buffalo burgers, or brats and we sit outside and enjoy our meal.
'97 Pace Arrow Vision 36 with Tag Axel, Ford 460 with Banks Power Pack. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Toad, one miniature schnauzer that rules the roost and a wife that enjoys traveling. Retired FTCS (SS) USN and loving it. FMCA#461483
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:02 AM   #27

I cook outside-- have a grill,crock pot,induction burner,griddle,etc, all in a bay slide out. Other than a few microwave dishes, we have never cooked in any of our coaches.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:08 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We cook most dinners outside. Breakfasts are mostly outside too, unless weather prohibits it. The exception is that I typically pack up all of my outdoor cooking stuff the night before we leave a campground, in which case the departure breakfast will be quick and easy and indoors.