Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 07:21 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Mostly outside. We use the BBQ grill a lot. Just replaced the last rusted out cheapo table top LP grill with a stainless steel. I will save a piece of cardboard or put aluminum foil on the picnic table to protect it unless grills are prohibited on the CG table. If so we have a small folding table.

We also take along a 35,000BTU propane burner. Great for blackening fish or my home brewing. A single burner electric and a electric griddle. DW passes things out the side window to me and I hand whats cooked back in the door if eating inside.

The main exceptions are anything done in a crock pot, although we have had them on the picnic table, and stuff that is microwaved like soup.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2016, 07:25 AM   #30

Almost all meals are prepared outside, with the following exceptions: during blowing rain, in the presence of swarming insects, the coach is moving, or we need the microwave for Stouffer's lasagne

However, we're cooking for a family of six. I could definitely see meal preparations being streamlined and often brought inside if it was just the DW and me.

petrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:33 AM   #31

Probably 80/20 in/out. We carry a baby Webber grill for when the weather is nice. Otherwise we find the inside kitchen set up to be great. No issues with the True induction or the convection microwave.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:18 AM   #32

Interesting. I once asked another group why A's pulled in, leveled, hooked up, closed the curtains and effectively dissapeared. I was told to mind my own business. Now it appears there are some folks who go outside...

To keep on topic, other than the occasional grilling we cook and eat inside. That is why we switched from a tent to a portacabin. ;-)
Old 10-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #33

i dont think we ever used our oven all the rvs we have had.. and my coach came new with stock option Weber Q with the stand and propane quick connect on patio side..and i still take my Camp Chief 3 burner stove with the big grill that sits on top.. if in a larger group and take turns with breakfast we usually do the omelet in the boil bag and always a hit.. im sure most of you know how to make but for those that dont.. boil large pot of water. have qrt baggies for everyone and then couple dozen fresh eggs and bowl of cheese and onions and green peepers and if want meat precook some bacon and crumble or sausage ect and every one takes a bag and put in as many eggs as you want then all the other ingredients, seasonings, and then boil for about 12+ minutes.. and then pour on plate fand enjoy..
Old 10-18-2016, 01:02 PM   #34

Beenthere, Never did hear of omelet in the boil bag but it sounds very interesting and fun as well. Does it come out in omelet fashion or more like a soufflé fashion?

Next trip to the grocery store next week I'll get the necessary items and try it out!

BTW you can put a standard quart baggie in boiling water?
Old 10-18-2016, 01:16 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Beenthere, Never did hear of omelet in the boil bag but it sounds very interesting and fun as well. Does it come out in omelet fashion or more like a soufflé fashion?

Next trip to the grocery store next week I'll get the necessary items and try it out!

BTW you can put a standard quart baggie in boiling water?
It makes a fun easy breakfast. Try it!!! It's very popular to do in the desert gatherings of Quartzsite, AZ. For our large group of 100+ close friends we have 4 large canning-size pots going and everyone brings ingredients. Yes, you use a heavy-duty freezer type Ziploc baggie. We've never had one break. The omelet just rolls out in a roll when finished. You don't fill the bag with the mixture as it needs room to expand.

For these large gatherings we all share meals outdoors - pancakes, ice cream ball toss, chili cook-offs, Mexican nights, normal potlucks, turkey in a trash can, happy hour snacks, etc. These are really great fun experiences.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:23 PM   #36

Fascinating, I never heard of anything like it and look forward to trying it out! And I'm sure it's a lot of fun, especially for those like myself who never heard of it or had it before. Then if it actually tastes good, so much the better!!!
Old 10-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #37

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
About half and half. We grill a lot and do breakfast outside but when we are traveling and only stop for the night, we cook inside.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:53 PM   #38

It's about 60/40 for us. 60% inside the rest out. Mainly depends on weather and bugs. We carry a small rotisserie oven and propane grill for outdoor cooking and use single burner induction plate when making side dishes outside. Most indoor cooking done in Instant Pot pressure cooker or on the single burner induction plate. Convection microwave oven used mainly for baking.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #39

Dont be scared to try any ingredients you like. i use jalapenos. and this works with other things pre-made like stews chili and when some like it hot you have the option....we also have never had freezer bags melt or break...some that use so much cheese find out that enough is enough..and many different shredded cheeses. i knew other had to do it also...its so easy.. oh oh remember to have a sharpie to put your name on the bag...
Old 10-18-2016, 06:31 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
...its so easy.. oh oh remember to have a sharpie to put your name on the bag...
Right. Everyone makes their own omelet and they need to write their name on the bag so they get their own back. Ummmm.... getting hungry just thinking about it.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:13 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
This thread is making me hungry.

I grille outside and everything else inside. I like to bake croissants and anpan (a Japanese sweetroll) in the old convection microwave.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #42

I grill with charcoal outside, and sides are cooked inside.Thanks for the tip on
omelets in a bag.Sounds like fun,and quick..

purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote