Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2016, 06:40 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Interesting. I once asked another group why A's pulled in, leveled, hooked up, closed the curtains and effectively dissapeared. I was told to mind my own business. Now it appears there are some folks who go outside...
We are in the stay inside club since it's just the two of us. A lot of our travel is in conjunction with Art Shows, and when we get back to the coach after being on our feet for 12 hours, we just want to get some supper and curl up with a book, so we may appear to be antisocial . Other times, and if the weather is particularly good, we will be outside, but usually somewhere else, not next to the coach!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #44

We like to cook outside whenever possible. Recently got rid of the gas burner and bought an induction cooker, pots and pans from IKEA. It is really a great way to go. It can also be used on the table to keep food warm.
Hawaii Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #45

Grill outside whenever it is a protein that need a good char. We really enjoy the induction range and convection oven inside. Have done a prime rib with roasted baby potatoes in the convection oven. Veal Marsala with angel hair pasta (al dente) cooked on the induction. All cooked inside with the 55 inch tv streaming a movie and Manhattans on the rocks. We do have cocktails outside as well but the dishware goes into the inside dishwasher daily!! It helps that the coach has a vent from the range and convection oven to the outside. Just like home. This is our tiny house.
Cpines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #46

Many meals are a combination. My wife will make a salad inside or heat a side in the microwave while I grill a pork loin and vegetables (zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, etc.) We stay out of each others way and keep the mess outside. We come together either inside or at the picnic table.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #47

Definitely everything I can outside. We go out to enjoy the outdoors and that's part of it. Someone said pressure cooker....I have a 4-quart in the rig as well as a slow cooker. At home when I make soups I freeze part of it to use when we're out, and the pressure cooker I can make just about anything in a short period of time and we love it. Our rig has mirrors behind the stove inside and it get smolicked (!) up so easily if I cook anything inside, so I don't.
jmzumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #48

I'm curious, how do the folks who cook and stay outside next to the RV deal with blood sucking insects?

I remember staying overnight at a campground in MN on our way to International Falls and then East to see as much as we could of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. I was almost afraid to be outside long enough to take the garbage out. We only avoided a camper full of the little buggers because I devised a plan to walk away from the RV 20 or 30 yards, then turn and run full bore toward the RV and jump into the door my wife held open and immediately closed as soon as I was inside. We slept with them whining outside the vents trying to get inside. IMHO, cooking outside there would have been akin to suicide. Those little buggers also carry diseases.

And there have been many other times

The only way I would subject myself to insect attack is if I were being watched closely by a big game animal I was hunting with my bow, and that has happened.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:17 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dix39 View Post
I'm curious, how do the folks who cook and stay outside next to the RV deal with blood sucking insects?

I remember staying overnight at a campground in MN on our way to International Falls and then East to see as much as we could of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. I was almost afraid to be outside long enough to take the garbage out. We only avoided a camper full of the little buggers because I devised a plan to walk away from the RV 20 or 30 yards, then turn and run full bore toward the RV and jump into the door my wife held open and immediately closed as soon as I was inside. We slept with them whining outside the vents trying to get inside. IMHO, cooking outside there would have been akin to suicide. Those little buggers also carry diseases.

The only way I would subject myself to insect attack is if I were being watched closely by a big game animal I was hunting with my bow, and that has happened.

Steve
Most of the places we have recently visited have been relatively bug free ... but, we eat early.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:51 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dix39 View Post

Steve
Didn't you know? The Mosquito is the Minnesota State Bird!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Because of humidity we do as much as possible outside. If you must cook inside crack a window and have aa extractor vent on. Humidity control is critical in an rv, especially in cool or cold weather. Vent, vent vent!
Old 10-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
100% outside on a grill if we're having any meat, rving or home. Regardless of weather. I have grilled in snow storms, 100° weather, rain, you name it I've grilled in it.
king yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #53
HHg

We bought our 2013 Phaeton in late 2012. Weve scrambled some eggs once for breakfast. We always try to eat out and enjoy the community in which we are visiting. In other words, no, we really don't cook in our coach. I do grill quite often.

Thanks
Hhg
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #54

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We cook outdoors a lot ... whether it's in the RV or at home. Doesn't matter the season, for some things the grill just produces the best results.

Tonight's dinner ... sausage, peppers & onions cooked on a cast iron griddle - over the heat on our weber grill. Pasta cooked inside since I don't have a side burner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dinner.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	142417  
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:05 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
We cook outdoors a lot ... whether it's in the RV or at home. Doesn't matter the season, for some things the grill just produces the best results.

Tonight's dinner ... sausage, peppers & onions cooked on a cast iron griddle - over the heat on our weber grill. Pasta cooked inside since I don't have a side burner.
Huh...cooking for one I see!
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #56

We Always cook outside except for using microwave for popcorn or such.
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote