Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #1

Do you do most of your cooking inside or outside the coach?

Hi guys,

Not long ago I posted a thread about True Induction Cooking asking do you have it and do you like it?

From the responses I received some comments were unexpected, saying they purchased a True Induction cooktop and use it outdoors. They said they do most cooking outside, not in the coach!

I'm curious how many do the same thing? How many cook outside as often as possible? Maybe even cook outside to put in the freezer to eat later?
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2016, 05:45 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
We cook inside most of the time but things like bacon or other things that throw fumes in the air we try to do outside. If it is nice out, why not pick up the induction plate and cook outside is what we think. jmo mark
MCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Inside. Where the microwave is located. (-:
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #4

Most outside except for microwave.
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #5

Unless I'm grilling , usually inside. Air conditions, no bugs , all my utincils & ingredients are right there etc . I just find it easier .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20ski View Post
Most outside except for microwave.
We yanked our outside TV as soon as we got the bus home from the dealer. I installed a sound bar, and shelves to hold all of the cooking stuff that we usually use. Then I ran a quick connect to the passenger side for propane, to connect to the BBQ and portable fire pit.
So yes, we do almost all of our cooking outside.
Rob
Old 10-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #7

I was a little surprised when some said they do most their cooking outside. But the more I thought about it, it does make sense to keep mess out if the coach if you can. As close as the couches etc are to the kitchen. Keeping smells, like bacon as mentioned earlier would be a good thing.

I've often thought making food that freezes well would make a lot of sense. Make the food outside and warm it up inside sounds good to me. The key for me would be the ability to cook it outside and clean up outside without a lot of hassle! Hauling everything in and out of the coach would get old in a hurry. Maybe if you could keep it in the basement?
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:37 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
inside,,,,use electric fry pan for breakfast, have a wolfgang puck pressurized oven for roasting, baking , toast, broiling, and warming....
Old 10-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #9

Weather permitting, mostly outside.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #10

Outside. Grill, charcoal, dutch oven, camp stove and even the electric griddle.

I do use the microwave inside but mostly for defrosting or heating left overs. I have used the electric burners a few times.
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Outside most of the time
Jacobnino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:49 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkerb View Post
inside,,,,use electric fry pan for breakfast, have a wolfgang puck pressurized oven for roasting, baking , toast, broiling, and warming....
I consider myself an accomplished cook, and i thought I owned every kitchen tool i would ever need, but a pressurized oven? I will be googling that one right now.
kgchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #13
WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgchampagne View Post
I consider myself an accomplished cook, and i thought I owned every kitchen tool i would ever need, but a pressurized oven? I will be googling that one right now.

Look for a Smart Pot. The difference between it and copy cats is that it's all stainless steel.

Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Western New York
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:04 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
When the g kids are along we do the pancakes, bacon, eggs, etc. outside on our frying pan setup. When it's just g ma and I we go pretty light with toast inside. I almost always make coffee outside as I'm up earlier than DW. In the evening we usually BBQ something on the grill. If cooking inside we use the convection/microwave.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote