Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #155

No. I love how beautiful our coach is inside. And I worked very hard for many years to pay for it.

B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #156

I would feel more uncomfortable driving a POS. I drove 1000 miles straight on Sunday, and it was very comfortable

Old 07-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #157
szy

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
Sounds like a little envy right there!

Kathryn
It sure did .
Old 07-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #158

I no more feel "envy" for the more expensive rig owners than I do "pitty' for the less expensive rig owners. I figure all of us are in our coaches, 5ers, TT, pop ups or tents for the same reason. It's what we like to do. I was raised that it is not what you own but what you do that counts.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #159

How about "proud" instead of envy or uncomfortable? Friends have DPs, one with a full wall slide. Others have 5ers, tags, tents or whatever. I actually don't care what someone else has. I'm happy with what I have and will proudly show it off if asked.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
How about "proud" instead of envy or uncomfortable? Friends have DPs, one with a full wall slide. Others have 5ers, tags, tents or whatever. I actually don't care what someone else has. I'm happy with what I have and will proudly show it off if asked.

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #161

Monaco Owners Club
My wife and I started in a tent many years ago...Bought a pop up which we were proud of....Moved up to a 27 footer that we were even more proud of... Bought a class c and loved it so much we sold it after one year and bought our class A HR 36 footer 3 wks ago....Proud, YOU BETCHA, we have worked hard to have the things we got....We are not jealous of anything anybody else has...We are proud as peacocks to show it off and allow anyone who would want to see it a warm Bluegrass welcome...Everyone has what they want and can afford and I am sure they enjoy it as much as the hiker enjoys a rolled up sleeping bag tied around his or her waist on the AT....By the way my other toy is a 03 Chevy Corvette, I am not ashamed and am very proud to own it also....Our parents are proud of us because they know we have worked hard to have the nice things we have....Thank God for America and the opportunity to have and do the things we can do.....
Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #162
szy

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
people are people

some good some bad

all kinds in both expensive and inexpensive RV's

I don't judge a book by its cover but by the content

I don't judge a RV owner by their RV but by the way they act
Old 07-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post

Kathryn
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #164

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
We are proud of whatever we have. I keep it clean and my husband keeps it maintained.

We had a 2005 Winnie class A, I liked it, but we wanted to try a diesel. We didn't want to pay a lot so we bought a very nice looking old one. We have fixed and upgraded a lot on it. Can't see any of the stuff we have done except everything on the roof is new and roof has liquid roof.

We are proud of it, of course I find the new expensive ones are beautiful and I love to look at them but we are just to durn frugal to lay out the money. We are going into retirement in 2 more years and don't want to take all our money to pay for one or go into debt. If you have one or want one that is not my business. I'm sure on ocassion I could look at one with envy, I'm human too, but I am still happy with what we have. We may buy newer one day only because there are 3 of us and might need a bit more room, but I think 38 ft might be all I can handle to get around and all the newer ones are bigger. Time will tell but if you can afford a half million unit and want it and can afford it, well go for it. If all you can afford is a few thousand and its decent well go for that. It's all about fun anyway so whats it really matter?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #165

Fleetwood Owners Club
Having been an rv'er for many years I have seen a lot of different types of rv. From the ultra high end to the cheapest, newest to oldest. I have never been envious of anyof them. I am happy with my paid for Monaco and I enjoy it. I have camped next to high end custom coaches and next to old tired tow behinds. I am friendly to them all and help them if they need help. Its nice to think about having one of the nicer coaches, but I just dont think I would care for the payments. Enjoy what you have, treat folks like you want to be treated as much as they will let you. You will be a more happy camper if you do.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #166

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Well said. We are proud of what we drive no matter what it is. We keep all of our vehicles in fantastic mechanical condition as well as cosmetically. I have always taken pride in them even back when they were all older fixxer uppers and our friends were driving new ones bragging about them.

It is not about what you have it is about what you do with them and how you enjoy them. "It's not about the destination, it is about the journey." I would have just as much fun in our older carbureted class A as some of our friends did in their new DPs, probably more because the wife and I could afford to use it more than they could.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #167

Can't wait to show off our new to us motorhome in T minus 15 days!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
Why would it negatively effect him/her what others think when he/she is probably already negatively affected when realizing what a financial drag that $400,000 unit is and will be until they downsize.
Interesting comment above.....
Just wondering why you assume that a $400k MH is a financial drag to the owner?
I buy what I can comfortably afford and enjoy. They might have done the same thing...

Sayonara is offline   Reply With Quote